Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Current setup:
Windows 7
6870 MSI, Twin Fozzier II, RMAed to Twin Frozzier III
ASUS Motherboard M4A88TD EVO
Phenom 955

Issue:
Everything was working great the past two years, I have two monitors, a DVI and a VGA. I have the VGA hooked up to the top port, using a DVI adapter, the DVI has always been plugged into the bottom port.

I work from home and plugged my DVI monitor to my docking station so I could dual display my work laptop.

After I was done I went back to my desktop I plugged it back and rebooted. I am not sure what happened but the PC will no longer display anything with both monitors plugged in anymore.

Here is what I know,

*when I have both the monitors plugged in the PC will boot, IE I hear the Windows load chime
*Same thing happens if I have only the DVI monitor plugged in the bottom port
*When I have the vga plugged in the top port only everything works

The DVI monitor works, I have verified this, also when I have it plugged in the bottom port I am getting a signal sent to it, as the screen will switch from no signal received more to a blank screen as soon as I power up the desktop. Also after the PC boots I can unplug the cord from the cards bottom slot and plug it into the top one and the Windows screen looks fine.

I RMAed the first one thinking the bottom port went out, the new is doing the same thing. I also updated my BIOS to the lastest version and this did not do anything to resolve the issue.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Cheers
…Hide content ?

Onehate

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Ok well this time I booted up with the monitor only plugged into the top port on the card. Once booted I plugged in the bottom one and heard Windows detect it. No blue screen or anything. I went into the AMD Vision control and it detects both monitors, but I cannot get it to display anything on the second monitor now. I know the cable is good b/c its the same one I use on my docking station when I am working on my laptop.

Any ideas? I have been playing with the settings the past 30 minutes and not getting any type of love here...

Onehate

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
The monitors are extended, I have set the one that works as primary. I have changed the resolution to everything on the secondary monitor and nothing seems to get it working...

Onehate

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Ok after messing with it, i realized it was showing up in analog mode. I had the VGA adapter and DVI plugged into the monitor. I unplugged the VGA adapter and it finally worked!! Thanks for the hand man!!

Cheers!!!