linkzeppelin

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I bought a computer from CyberPower PC awhile ago with a regular HDD and Windows 7 Home Premium. I just recently bought a SSD to use as a boot drive and to store some other programs on it. I successfully installed Windows 7 on the SSD. My problem is I want to put all of my drivers, settings, ect. onto the SSD. How would I go about doing this?

When you installed windows 7 on the SSD, you also installed the appropriate drivers there.
I hope you set the sata mode to ahci(not ide or raid) so you could get trim functionality.

To transfer settings, boot from the old hard drive and run windows easy transfer. It will export your files and settings. When you boot using the ssd, you should be able to selectively restore the settings and whatever else you want.

Use windows easy transfer to migrate selected settings and files. You will have to reinstall apps.

Did you ? Or did you install a 2nd copy of Windows on the SSD with the actual boot files still on the HD ? Did you disconnect the HD during the 2nd windows install ? To determine if you have in fact put bootable windows on the SSD, disconnect the data cable from the HD, If machine doesn't boot, then your boot files are still on the HD.

linkzeppelin

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

Yes I unplugged the HDD during install.