No enable SLI option, only disable

Hi, I recently bought a second GTX 660 (EVGA superclocked) to sli with my current one. I went to the NVIDIA control panel to enable sli when I noticed that there was no 'enable sli' radial button, only a 'disable sli'. I have the latest drivers (310.90). What might be causing this? I currently have 4 monitors (HDMI tv, 2 dvi-d monitors, 1 vga to dvi-I monitor), but even if I disconnect all but one there still isn't an enable option. My system recognizes both GPUs and also that they are SLI'd but isn't giving me the option to enable.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz
GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 660 superclocked (latest drivers) with SLI bridge
PSU: 750w ocz zt series
RAM: 2x CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600
MoBo: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rmp
4 answers Last reply
More about enable option disable
  1. PearlSystem said:
    Hi, I recently bought a second GTX 660 (EVGA superclocked) to sli with my current one. I went to the NVIDIA control panel to enable sli when I noticed that there was no 'enable sli' radial button, only a 'disable sli'. I have the latest drivers (310.90). What might be causing this? I currently have 4 monitors (HDMI tv, 2 dvi-d monitors, 1 vga to dvi-I monitor), but even if I disconnect all but one there still isn't an enable option. My system recognizes both GPUs and also that they are SLI'd but isn't giving me the option to enable.

Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz
    GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 660 superclocked (latest drivers) with SLI bridge
    PSU: 750w ocz zt series
    RAM: 2x CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600
    MoBo: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rmp

I believe that means that it recognized them both and went into SLI mode.
  2. Probably should have mentioned, it also says that SLI is disabled and the 'Disable SLI' radial button is checked, but I can't check a different button (like span displays or maximize 3d) because I currently don't have the hardware to do those. I noticed that if I check the 'span displays with surround' it says "SLI enabled" but I can't actually apply this setting with my current monitor setup.
  3. SLI cannot be enabled with multiple monitors setups. I believe it should black out the non gaming monitors and enable SLI when you launch a game.

www.anandtech.com/show/2672/2

www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/faq#s1
  4. Thanks, got it working now. I didn't realize that 'Maximize 3d performance' was the radial button to check to enable sli... *facepalm*.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia SLI Monitors Graphics