Good monitor res for 570 GTX?

scott42

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Hey, guys. I have a GTX 570, and I'm currently running a 19" 1440x900 monitor. I'm looking to get a new monitor, 'cause this one is 5+ years old, and it was never good in the first place.

I heard that lower resolutions can take the pressure off the GPU, but add it on to the CPU. So, with my specs, would it make more sense to get a full 1080p monitor, or does it matter? What I mean is, will games run about as good (if not better) with a slightly higher resolution?

SPECS:
GTX 570
Quad-core i5-2500k @ 3.3 GHz
8 GB memory (forgot the speed, but it's pretty fast)
Windows 7 64-bit

Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks!

Solution
Yea a 1080p monitor will be fine. It is the norm now so its hard to find a lower resolution monitor. You can always just turn down the resolution if a game is giving you trouble. You won't see much of a difference in performance between those reolutions

As for you higher resolution question. The game will look better in higher resolutions, but you will get lower fps.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Yea a 1080p monitor will be fine. It is the norm now so its hard to find a lower resolution monitor. You can always just turn down the resolution if a game is giving you trouble. You won't see much of a difference in performance between those reolutions

As for you higher resolution question. The game will look better in higher resolutions, but you will get lower fps.

Solution