Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Catalyst control center cannot be started, hd 5700 series

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 16, 2013 10:20:43 AM

Ello, i have a ati radeon hd 5700 series card, and CCC used to work fine but nowadays it refuses to start. saying c"atalyst control center cannot be started. there are currently no settings that can be configured using catalyst control center"
February 17, 2013 2:50:22 AM

try uninstalling and re-installing the driver (CCC).
February 17, 2013 4:43:44 AM

I had the same problem. I had to reinstall the driver.
Related resources
February 17, 2013 12:04:26 PM

clutchc said:
try uninstalling and re-installing the driver (CCC).
i tried editing my post to add in what i had already tried but it wouldn't let me not sure why.
anyway here's what i've tried

reinstalling a dozen times using,
drive cleaner,
the amd uninstall option,
different versions of CCC (including a beta)
deleting the assembly files (but my comp didnt have any of those)
checking the registry for left over files (werent any)
tried uninstalling in safe mode and then installing (in normal mode as you cant do that in safe mode)
none of these fix it.
February 17, 2013 1:55:33 PM

gonna reinstall windows, seems like the only thing i havent tried T_T
February 17, 2013 2:25:27 PM

Have you tried Driver Sweeper? After uninstalling the driver (CCC), boot to safe mode and run DS. Have if remove any AMD, ATI, and Nvidia graphic driver remnants it finds. Re-boot and try installing the latest gfx driver for your card.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.h...

Since you're going to re-install Win anyway, it won't hurt to try.
February 17, 2013 4:11:16 PM

clutchc said:
Have you tried Driver Sweeper? After uninstalling the driver (CCC), boot to safe mode and run DS. Have if remove any AMD, ATI, and Nvidia graphic driver remnants it finds. Re-boot and try installing the latest gfx driver for your card.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.h...

Since you're going to re-install Win anyway, it won't hurt to try.

i did exactly that yesterday, it didnt fix it. reinstalled windows and now it works. wish i knew what caused it to stop working so i could prevent it happening again but oh well :/ 
February 17, 2013 4:31:17 PM

This is a moot point now that you went with a fresh Win install. But I was going to also recommend trying a system restore to a previous time before the problem started.
February 17, 2013 8:58:02 PM

clutchc said:
This is a moot point now that you went with a fresh Win install. But I was going to also recommend trying a system restore to a previous time before the problem started.
well wouldn't have helped anyway, it probably was going on for months. i just never used CCC unless i have too (which i did now)
!