Frequent and varied blue screens

OldCrowBones

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I built my new system in December, and have been experiencing frequent blue screens. For whatever reason, they seem to only happen after startup, usually within five minutes or so. After the restart, though, I've never had a second one - only booting up seems to cause problems. I've experimented and left the computer running for several days after the restart, putting it to sleep instead of shutting down, and never ran into any problems.
I've also done all the tests and possible fixes I know how: Memtest (6 passes, no errors), CHKDSK, Intel Burn Test and Prime 95 (in case the overclock was the problem, but 20 passes and 18 hours didn't reveal anything), updating drivers, updating SSD and motherboard firmware... None of it seemed to make any difference. This makes me assume it's some kind of driver problem, but I'm not sure.

My system:
Intel 3570k, overclocked to 4.2 GHz w/ no overvoltage
Asrock Z75
8 GB G-Skill Sniper 1866
Intel 330 180 GB (C:)
Seagate 3TB (D:)
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
Windows 8 64-bit

All the blue screens I've had:
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32k.sys) (by far the most frequent)
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Link to the dump files: http://www.mediafire.com/?cqx239f9tagoanu

Hello OldCrowBones,

Below is the solutions of the issues that you are facing.

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

This error is displayed due to corrupt system files in Windows directory or corrupt OS. Follow the instructions given below to rectify this issue.
1. Reboot your computer and enter into BIOS.
2. Change boot order to boot from CD/DVD to make Windows boot from Windows 8 DVD support.
3. Save the settings and restart the computer.
4. Insert Windows 8 installation media into optical media drive or CD/DVD drive.
5. On the displayed prompt, press any key to boot from DVD.
6. On the displayed Windows Setup box, click Next.
7. On the next page, click Repair your computer.
8. On Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
9. On Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options.
10. On Advanced options screen, click Command Prompt.
11. On the opened Command Prompt window type C: and hit Enter.
12. On C: prompt, type CHKDSK /R C: command, and press Enter to check the C (Windows partition) for errors.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

This error occurs due to Windows update number KB2778344 installed on the computer. You can go through the link given below to remover the update manually.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1653284/fix-system-service-exception-bsod-error-windows.html

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION

This error is generated due to incompatible or outdated graphics driver. Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to rectify the issue.
1. Restart Windows 8 computer and insert Windows 8 bootable media into optical media drive (CD/DVD Drive).
2. On the displayed Windows Setup box, click Next.
3. On the next page, click Repair your computer.
4. On Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
5. On Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options.
6. On Advanced options screen, click Command Prompt.
7. On the opened Command Prompt window type C: and hit Enter.
8. On C: prompt, type BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY command, and press Enter to enable legacy advanced boot menu.
9. Once the command executed successfully, type EXIT command to close the Command Prompt window.
10. Back on the Choose an option screen, click Continue to restart Windows 8 computer.
11. Restart Windows 8 computer.
12. As the system restarts, press F8 key continuously to display the Advanced Boot Options screen.
13. On Advanced Boot Options screen, make sure that Safe Mode option is selected and press Enter key.
14. Log on to Windows 8 computer with the account that has the elevated privileges.
15. Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop screen.
16. Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom right corner of the window.
17. From the displayed options, click Settings.
18. On the Settings pane, click Control Panel.
19. On the opened All Control Panel Items window, click Device Manager.
20. On Device Manager window, expand Display adapters category.
21. Once expanded, right-click the graphics driver that is to be uninstalled.
22. From the context menu that appears, click Uninstall to remove the selected graphics driver.
23. On Confirm Device Uninstall box, click OK to confirm the graphics driver uninstallation.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This problem occurs due to any faulty hardware device or its incompatible driver, any recently installed software program, corrupt or conflicting system services, etc. To resolve the issue, click the link that would guide you through entire process.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1655596/fix-kmode-exception-handled-error-windows.html

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

This error is displayed due to improper memory management, or incorrect logical structure of the hard disk drive partition on which Windows 8 is installed. Sometimes this problem can be resolved by a simple restart of the computer. If this not works, follow the link given below:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1654613/correct-memory-management-error-messages-windows.html

ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECURE_MEMORY

This error occurs due to some corrupted, incompatible or outdated driver installed on your computer. If either you have recently installed a new hardware devices or software remove it or download its latest updated drivers. To resolve the issue you can download any third party fix driver error application from the Internet. One that I know is Driver Detective which can be downloaded from this link;

http://www.fixdriverserror.com/index.php?var1=0x000000FC-

It scans your entire PC for outdated drivers, malicious or incompatible device drivers and you have to click the provided Fix button to fix the issues. It also helps you to download latest compatible drivers of the culprit device.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

This error occurs due to invalid system memory due to corrupt NTFS volume and system services, incorrect registry entries, installation of an incompatible hardware such as HDD, RAM, etc. Sometimes also due to outdated or incompatible driver, installed on the computer.
To resolve this issue you will have to identify, and then remove the incompatible device driver or download latest device drivers. However, you can also download any third party Windows optimization and driver detective tool. Here is the link of such tool that can fix the issue.

http://fixwindowserror.com/download-regcure-pro/

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS