Appropriate fan replacement for my XFX Radeon HD 6770

protogenic

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
As for when the fan dies.. There should be 3 or more tiny tiny screws holding the fan to the heatsink. And if there isn't you might have to either snap it off the heatsink or get a new one.. I have a 6770 too but it is a HIS one and it looks pretty much the same w/o its fan shroud.
And Ebay has tons of replacement GPU fans of many sizes.

3fingerpete

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

I'm going to revive this thread since the fan blade carriage of my 6770 has fallen off the the heat sink. I'm waiting for the results of the warranty check (purchased less than two years ago) but I'm still exploring all the options.

G

I'm in basically the same boat. What did you find?

3fingerpete

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013

Well, what happened in my case is the donut shaped circuit board and electro-magnet assembly just dropped off the bracket that bolted the whole thing to the heat sink. I managed to tack the thing to the bracket with a dab of contact cement but that repair lasted just a couple of days. The bearings in the fan blade carriage have now seized up, also.

I visited Radeon's warranty page (www.xfxforce.com, registering is required) and filed a service report. After a couple of days they issued a Merchandise Return order for me. I spent yesterday cleaning the board as they suggested and I'm about to ship it off to their facility. That's my status up to now. I'll post again when I know something further.

Flick2012

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

Thank you. I'm going to try the RMA path as well, see what they say. In my case, though, it's HIS, which doesn't seem to be as user friendly.

abugroza

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011

what size do you use, 80mm or 70mm? for HIS

vaibhav1608

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
Same happen with me... I also accidently snapped one of the fan blades off my Radeon 6770. My card still in warranty. What reason should i give to get the fan replaced Or Does anyone know if my warranty would be void if I fixed it myself?