Sign in with
Your question

How Do I Lock My GPU Core Clock?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 5:51:10 PM

I have an Asus HD 7850 and it's the last Asus product i'm ever getting. My Core clock is always at 400 (default should be 870) so i have to open Catalyst Control Center so it goes up to 870, but falls down again immediately. I wouldnt care but this happens WHILE I'm gaming, shuts off my screens and you can see on the graph on MSI afterburner how it just fell from 870 to 400 and then i get a Blue screen. So how do i lock Core Clock? I don't care about Temperatures or anything!!!

I tried Ati TRAY tools but it doesn't install correctly EVER although i tried 3 different wrebsites.

I have Catalyst CC, MSI afterburner, ASUS GPU tweak. Can that help or do i need any other software? If so, please say which one.

Thanks!

More about : lock gpu core clock

a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 6:08:26 PM

Don't blame the manufacturer of the card. That just sounds like bad drivers to me, which has nothing to do with Asus, which is a stellar brand. Try updating your drivers or rolling back to a more stable version.
a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 6:11:45 PM

DiaSin said:
Don't blame the manufacturer of the card. That just sounds like bad drivers to me, which has nothing to do with Asus, which is a stellar brand. Try updating your drivers or rolling back to a more stable version.

Can i keep Catalyst CC, Because I'm running dual screens and i cant without it...
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 16, 2013 6:16:32 PM

You can keep cc, but dual screen works without it. I don't think it's the driver. If the frequency is reduced just before you get a blue screen, you should care abut temperatures. It sounds like you gpu is overheating!
a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 6:24:28 PM

noidea_77 said:
You can keep cc, but dual screen works without it. I don't think it's the driver. If the frequency is reduced just before you get a blue screen, you should care abut temperatures. It sounds like you gpu is overheating!

Yeah... the GPU's at 40C while gaming around 50-60 so it's not high.. at all.

Thing is, this happens ANYTIMe, even if I'm on FB screens go black and the "amd driver failed and recovered" message pops up and so on...

Can i just lock the card? I really wanna play GW2 with my friends and i cant because this happens every second and then gives me a BSOD!!!

:( 
February 16, 2013 6:28:10 PM

i think its driver problem only if u monitored the temperature already.. go to device manager in ur comp.. uninstall all ur graphics card driver.. restart in safe mode, go to device manager and install n locate the installation files manually.. restart in normal mode.. check ..

hope it helps.
a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 6:32:56 PM

Go to this page and follow the dropdowns to get to the drivers for your card.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Once you are to the page with hte list of downloads choose Catalyst Software Suite and download. Once you have uninstalled the old drivers run the installer you have just downloaded. If this doesn't work you may need to RMA your graphics card.
a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 6:48:08 PM

Can you just tell me how to lock it? I've been trying to fix this for A MONTH, now a no success. Just tell me please, i spent my whole saturday today trying to fix this and i wanna get atleast an hour of gaming...

please?
a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 8:33:20 PM

Jesus christ, you have alot of people here advising you what to do, and you are ignoring them. If you think you are right, why do you come here asking for help? Take the help you can get -- these guys don't get paid, and don't have to help you.

So, use ATIman to uninstall your drivers,

http://www.mediafire.com/?0jdko53gk5npzo0

install it, run the uninstaller, once it finishes loading press "a" for automatic uninstall, it'll start uninstalling it (Display might turn off), let it do its stuff, and it'll restart itself eventually. If it doesn't restart after 30 minutes just turn it off and restart it yourself (basically its been uninstalled but your standard drivers didn't restart your monitor)
Once it restarts, it'll automatically run, and once it requires a user input press the next gen thing key and let it run again. It'll end up on your desktop, then press "q" to end it.

Go and download the drivers and CAPS from AMD's website, install them (Install drivers then caps, but click "no" to restart so you can install the other), once installed, restart, and you should be good to go.

!