Solved

Help choosing a graphics card

What's the cheapest graphics card that can run pretty much any game on max settings for 1920-1080 resolution. I'm asking because I dont want to spend more money for a graphics card thats ment to run max settings on a higher resolution.

(Im currently playing Tera, GW2, modded skyrim but wanting a enb for it, I plan on playing mainly mmorpgs in the future with some rpgs like witcher 3.)
24 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help choosing graphics card
  1. what is ur budget on gfx card? i can say a 660ti
  2. Dont have one just dont want to get one to powerfull for what I need
  3. sapphire vapor-x 7950 hands down.
    extreme bang for ur buck and overclocks like crazy!
    brilliant card :p
  4. HD7870 Tahiti LE or you can say POWERCOLOR HD7870XT myst
  5. I dont plan on overclocking XD
  6. I was going to get a 7970 but I thought that was overkill for what I need
  7. I was going to get a 7970 but I thought that was overkill for what I need
  8. Athair said:
    I was going to get a 7970 but I thought that was overkill for what I need

why not overclock? :pfff: it's both easy and fun... and definitely don't consider buying a 7900-series card if u don't wan't to oc, then rather stick with a 660ti or 670 which is better at factory settings. a complete waste though, since a 7950 rock'em out of the ballpark when oc'ed, for at least the same or less money... also incredible temps and silent as well ;)
  9. ofc talking about the vapor-x :D
  10. I was going to get a 7970 but I thought that was overkill for what I need
  11. Well I dont want to overclock because I read that they lower there lifespan and you dont really get that big of a performance boost in games from it.
  12. if gng for 7970.. do chkout the ROG MAtrix platinum one.

Also 680ti oced @ factory settings.
  13. Oh also another reason why I'm not going for overkill for future proof is because when I do need to upgrade I plan on going sli or crossfire. Sorry forgot to mention that
  14. Best answer
    Athair said:
    Well I dont want to overclock because I read that they lower there lifespan and you dont really get that big of a performance boost in games from it.

doesn't necessarily shorten the lifespan- if u overclock at acceptable voltages while still get a massive increase and good temps (which is exactly what the 7950 does) the lifespan won't change, look it up :) the vapor-x is known for getting +30% performance increase at completely safe voltages while keeping the EXACT same temps as non-oc'ed! with these overclocks it easily exceeds both the 670 and reference 680/7970!
  15. Where can I find a vapor-x 7950? No vapor-x on newegg and only a vapor-x 7970 on tiger direct
  16. Found one on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-11196-09-40G/dp/B009MML1UA for 392 and free shipping you think thats a fair price?
  17. Athair said:
    Where can I find a vapor-x 7950? No vapor-x on newegg and only a vapor-x 7970 on tiger direct

can't help u there since I'm from Denmark, but it's probably just out of stock atm :??:
  18. Athair said:
    Found one on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-11196-09-40G/dp/B009MML1UA for 392 and free shipping you think thats a fair price?

For a Dane like me that would be an extraordinary offer, but that isn't valid since everything is more expensive here than in the states anyway :fou:
  19. Oh that sucks man :(. But thank you for helping me figure out a gpu to get ^.^. Im going to go ahead and grab the vapor-x 7950 thanks everyone.
  20. Athair said:
    Oh that sucks man :(. But thank you for helping me figure out a gpu to get ^.^. Im going to go ahead and grab the vapor-x 7950 thanks everyone.

Alright, good luck with the card- you won't regret it ;)
  21. How to I mark this as solved?
  22. Best answer selected by athair.
  23. Athair said:
    How to I mark this as solved?

By choosing "the best answer" :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Resolution Graphics