Sign in with
Your question

GPU Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 16, 2013 6:35:14 PM

Hello everybody I have bought a new laptop about 2 months ago! It has an i7-3632qm processor, 8gbs of ram, and sadly a Intel Hd 4000 graphics card. I was wondering if there was ANY way possible to upgrade/replace my card, except buying a new computer which is out of the question for now. I know what your thinking "why would you buy a computer then 2 months later ask how to upgrade it?" The answer is i have gotten into uploading for YouTube and i would like to take advantage of Geforce's Cuda core Rendering to make them much faster! Thanks for reading!

More about : gpu

a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 6:41:12 PM

Most likely no. What model laptop do you have? Some laptops have expansion ports to insert new graphics cards.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 6:41:44 PM

Kashyap98 said:
Hello everybody I have bought a new laptop about 2 months ago! It has an i7-3632qm processor, 8gbs of ram, and sadly a Intel Hd 4000 graphics card. I was wondering if there was ANY way possible to upgrade/replace my card, except buying a new computer which is out of the question for now. I know what your thinking "why would you buy a computer then 2 months later ask how to upgrade it?" The answer is i have gotten into uploading for YouTube and i would like to take advantage of Geforce's Cuda core Rendering to make them much faster! Thanks for reading!

Full Specs please. I will tell you that I doubt it and if you do you would probably have to send it back to the manufacturer for the update.
m
l
Related resources
February 16, 2013 6:53:57 PM

jnkweaver said:
Full Specs please. I will tell you that I doubt it and if you do you would probably have to send it back to the manufacturer for the update.

Here is the link from Bestbuy (where i bought my laptop)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+ENVY+14%22+Laptop+-+8G...!pla!!!37678873159!g!!18463087999
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 16, 2013 7:07:57 PM

I looked through Bestbuy and HP and you can't upgrade that laptop. Sorry.
m
l
February 16, 2013 7:15:09 PM

jnkweaver said:
I looked through Bestbuy and HP and you can't upgrade that laptop. Sorry.

Thanks for trying i couldn't find any info
m
l
!