A lan device lost.

HexXxagon

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hello every body.

I use a lan device named ssl x-patch in a music production studio. This device has a gui that is supposed to find and configure the device but after some issues with my entire system that I exactly don't know what was, the gui stopped finding the device. It's still working in the last configuration pattern but no more settings are possible. SSL support site tells me that there's no way to reset the x-patch and being unable to find it is a microsoft related issue.

Can you please tell me how I can scan for any LAN devices connected to my pc so I may find x-patch?
Do you think if there's another procedure?
Please help.

pazsion

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Try re-installing the software used for it.

Sometimes windows updates make hardware obsolete and no longer use it...which is retarded and wrong. I often think this is done intentionally to manipulate the market.

See if any updates were recently done to OS's , drivers or software...If possible roll them back.

HexXxagon

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
This system has no connection to internet so there should be no updates installed. I've tried re installing that software for many times and nothing was resulted. Let me say something else: ssl had told me that the device might have been in the DHCP configuration. But I can't remember to use dhcp protocol for that. Does this help?