Fuzzy white lines/screen tearing?

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
I just installed my new 7850 and I'm getting above 60fps on a game and there's fuzzy white horizontal lines running across the screen. Is this screen tearing? How can I fix it without enabling vsync? My old graphics card used to get like 100fps on some games and there's no screen tearing. What's up with this graphics card? Oh and my old graphics card, I used the display port from my motherboard, not the graphics card but my new graphics card I"m using the display port from the graphics card.

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
I just found someone with the EXACT same problem as me
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/331038-33-horizontal-gradients-game-running

It looks exactly the same as that pic, you can't see it clearly in that pic but in real life you can. And that happens when a game is running just like that guy whether the game is windowed or full screen/minimized or not. Please someone help me, I've been googling this all day yesterday and today and nobody knows how to fix this besides getting a new monitor.

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
Ok I read the problem is because I'm using a VGA connection or a DVI to VGA adapter and to fix it I need to use DVI or HDMI but my monitor doesn't have a DVI port or HDMI. Only a VGA. What if I use a DVI to VGA adapter, then use a DVI cable, then use a DVI female to VGA male adapter. In theory I am using a DVI cable right?

Possessive

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
Did you managed to fix this problem, As i also am having these same Horizontal Gradients when game is running, i also checked on my friend's LED and still am having this problem. Is it the fault of Graphic card?

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

Fixed it, I just got a new monitor and used a DVI connection. Works perfect now. I think the issue was that a VGA connection is too weak.