Solved

EVGA gtx 660 Ti Signature 2 or gtx 670 Signature 2?

The 660 Ti is $309.99 and the 670 is $409.99. I may be able to stretch the budget out a bit but if it's not worth it, I'd rather save the money for something else.

I'll be running both cards with an i5 3570k and 8gb of ram. Is the 670 really worth $100 more than the 660 ti?

I plan on playing Battlefield 3, ARMA 2/DayZ, Far Cry 3 and some other games. I don't play too many system intensive games yet but I may in the future and I'm looking for whatever will give me the best performance for the price and last at least two or three years.
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga signature signature
  1. No replies? I could really use some help.
  2. Whether or not it is worth the extra performance is up to you. How high do you like your FPS to be before you consider them playable? How important is it to "max" every game? What is your resolution?
  3. bystander said:
    Whether or not it is worth the extra performance is up to you. How high do you like your FPS to be before you consider them playable? How important is it to "max" every game? What is your resolution?


    I'll be at 1080p. Max settings are great and all but I should be fine with some things on high if it'll boost my FPS. I don't care too much about AA; as long as I can handle 2x MSAA I should be good.

    FPS should be above 30 at all times. If it's a first person shooter game, it has to hover around 60 consistently, preferably without dropping below 50 too often.

    Obviously, DayZ/ARMA 2 is a different story... I'd be happy to get 30 fps in that engine... my low performance may be caused by my CPU though. It'll be great when I get the 3570k installed.

    As I said, I don't play too many graphically intensive games, as what I have right now is absolutely terrible, but I may play more of them in the near future.
  4. There are cheaper GTX670, somewhere around the $360 mark. I'd rather get that
  5. I think you be fine with a 660 then if you do not care about maxing out games but i think a 670 is a wiser investment as EzioAs mentioned you can get a 670 for cheaper then $409.99.
  6. EzioAs said:
    There are cheaper GTX670, somewhere around the $360 mark. I'd rather get that


    True, though the 670 I've mentioned is clocked at 680 speeds and comes with a dual fan cooler. I'll look into it though.

    EDIT - any suggestions for other cards are welcome (as long as it's a gtx 660 ti or 670)
  7. Best answer
    The GIGABYTE GTX 670 OC is one of GIGABYTE’s overclocked video cards in the GeForce GTX 600 series lineup. It includes GIGABYTE’s Windforce 3X cooling solution and a factory overclock. NVIDIA’s reference GTX 670 platform has the base GPU clock speed set to 915MHz on the core, while GIGABYTE starts their offering out at 980MHz.

    GIGABYTE loaded this custom video card up with its Ultra Durable VGA components. These include first tier Samsung and Hynix memories, high quality capacitors, ferrite chokes, and MOSFETs. Together these components combine for several benefits for the video card. GPU temperatures will be lower, it will provide for better overclocking ability, and will improve power efficiency which can increase performance. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=#top Also,MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks.That would be a solid choice for the price imo they currently are going for $389.99 a piece that doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks but it's up to you. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127685#top
  8. a 670 for sure if you want to max out everything !!

    EVGA Signature 2 is fantastic for cooling performance and minimal noise (own a 680 Superclocked Signature 2)
  9. bigcyco1 said:
    The GIGABYTE GTX 670 OC is one of GIGABYTE’s overclocked video cards in the GeForce GTX 600 series lineup. It includes GIGABYTE’s Windforce 3X cooling solution and a factory overclock. NVIDIA’s reference GTX 670 platform has the base GPU clock speed set to 915MHz on the core, while GIGABYTE starts their offering out at 980MHz.

    GIGABYTE loaded this custom video card up with its Ultra Durable VGA components. These include first tier Samsung and Hynix memories, high quality capacitors, ferrite chokes, and MOSFETs. Together these components combine for several benefits for the video card. GPU temperatures will be lower, it will provide for better overclocking ability, and will improve power efficiency which can increase performance. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=#top Also,MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks.That would be a solid choice for the price imo they currently are going for $389.99 a piece that doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks but it's up to you. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127685#top


    Definitely looks good. I like the look of that cooler, and the overclock seems decent. Does anyone know if it'll fit in the Antec 302 case?
  10. It should fit
  11. Might as well pony up for the 670 that should have you set for all 2013 and most of 2014.
  12. Hello
    You should Buy a GTX 670 FTW ( external exaust ) instead a GTX 660 ti and this should bring you few years of happy gaming!
    I got a simmilar System as yours with 3570k and 8GB with a GTX 670 FTW (GTX 680 PCB & Clock)
    From my personal use I can guarantee its as good and even better than a Stock GTX680 ! Often the card boost to 1200MHz Giving superb performance @ my 1080p Monitor. You can expect from 50-65FPS Previously I owned a GTX 680 So I know. Also the card consumes about 170W My Total system pulls 255W during BF3 full load. Its absolutely a Gem :)
  13. Update - also looking at the 7950 now. I've heard good things about its higher bandwidth and more video ram (compared to the 660 ti). 670 aside, would you guys recommend the 660 ti or 7950?
  14. I read that amd is having some issues but it will be fixed soon according to http://techreport.com/review/24218/a-driver-update-to-reduce-radeon-frame-times here's a comparison between the 660 Ti and the 7950 focusing on this issue.

    http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-geforce-gtx-660-ti-revisited/3
  15. I'll look into it. Still probably going for a 670 of some kind though.
  16. Best answer selected by PhilNye618.
  17. Best answer selected by PhilNye618.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx EVGA Graphics Product