Connecting PC to Bravia TV through dvi to HDMI adaptor

dadzeno

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
I am trying to hook up my HP pavilion p7 desktop, running Windows 7, to my sony bravia tv. "Integrated Intel" graphics card. Card has two dvi outputs, no vga or hdmi. I used a dvi-hdmi adaptor, hdmi cable, hooked up to hdmi input on tv. Picture comes over fine. But I can't get the audio to play through the tv speakers. hdmi input section on back of tv has left-right rca audio inputs. Computer has 3.5mm audio ports, so I used rca-audio adaptor to connect pc sound output to tv sound input. But all is silence. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not especially tech-savvy, so don't laugh at me. DZ

tripledouce

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
the 3.5mm jacks will only work on the tv input because it is taking its sound from the HDMI which is why you cant get sound. you will have to go into your tv settings and force it to use the external audio input (if it works for HDMI ports)

tripledouce

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
the 3.5mm jacks will only work on the tv input because it is taking its sound from the HDMI which is why you cant get sound. you will have to go into your tv settings and force it to use the external audio input (if it works for HDMI ports)

Dylan323i

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
I am having a similar issue with a LG 47LA6200, The "PC audio input" jack's where I have my RCA's doesn't really work in the way the manufacture intended them to. They work more as an Ipod jack, They were specifically put on this TV for this issue yet they don't work. You may be having a similar issue. I have gotten them to play through my HDMI but it was through random plugging and unplugging and it switched my computer to 720p and when I either let the computer turn off or switched back to 1080p it would no longer work. If you don't mind play some audio (Music video from youtube works) and select another input that you don't have anything plugged into and see if audio comes through the empty port (Doesn't matter which on you select AV, Component HDMI) Then If I find a solution I can let you know and vise verse.

TRENDING THREADS