Sign in with
Your question

Relatively new PC; no display from GPU; onboard graphics only

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2013 1:41:02 AM

So here's the skinny: turned on the pc, no picture. Changed to a different monitor. Still no picture. Opened case and turned on pc and noticed that the GPU's fan wasn't spinning. I have two different PCIe cables from my PSU, I tried both of these but no cigar. So I took it out, plugged in my HDMI cable to the mobo's output and got everything running as normal. Put the GPU back in, the fan spun this time, but still no output... Everything else seems to work ok: mouse, keyboard, everything's still on the HDD. I figure this is either a problem with my mobo's PCIe slot or my GPU.

Mobo: Asrock Z77 extreme4

GPU: HIS 7850 Ice Q X

Any help? Please? Thank you!

ps: this is my first build, I only put it together in January, and I'm very attached to it. I don't have a lot of options as far as trading out other parts to test...
February 17, 2013 1:47:18 AM

many will say to just replace one or the other... assuming you did everything correctly
m
l
February 17, 2013 3:35:46 PM

Thanks for the reply. Anyways, I decided to try plugging it in one last time, and this time it worked. I just don't know. Actually, i think that furthers my hypothesis that it's the PCIe slot.
m
l
!