Will newer toshiba laptops see 5Ghz wireless n?

DeanBertolucci

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hello, trying to upgrade home network and found a dual-band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz router. Appears that none of out newer Toshiba laptops and neither of our brand new Asus laptops recognize the 5Ghz network sitgnal. Only PC in entire house that sees the 5Ghz signal is the old PC in the house running Win XP. Is this normal?

DeanBertolucci

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hello, first post so apologies if this was already asked and answered. Trying to upgrade home wireless network and our laptops dont appear to recognize the 5Ghz channel. Is this normal and I should down grade to single 2.4Ghz channel router?

DeanBertolucci

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Please disregard, found answer. Appears my internal cards wont recognized the 5Ghz channel. Returning this dua-band router and downgrading to single channel 2.4Ghz...oh well. Whould have been nice to do some load ballancing.

DeanBertolucci

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Apologies for the double post. New here and didn't appear that my first question took. Please disregard, found answer. Appears my internal cards wont recognized the 5Ghz channel. Returning this dua-band router and downgrading to single channel 2.4Ghz...oh well. Whould have been nice to do some load ballancing.