Does monitor affect gaming??that much???

hshah

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I am going to be building a pretty high end gaming rig, and i will be getting two MX239H's as they have a really slim bezel and will look good on dual display. however will this monitor since it isnt really for gaming, reduce my gaming performance?

Also a question on dual displays, to setup a dual display do i need two of the same inputs (ie. do both monitors have to be connected by hdmi)

I'll be getting a GTX 660 Ti and if i can afford it a 670, but i feel if i overclock the 660ti i will be reaching the GTX 670's performance

Thanks in advance

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
The monitor will not reduce gaming performance its the resolution you play games in that will effect how well the games will run :) You can run both monitors with different cables eg a hdmi an dvi. If you use a VGA cable with the adaptor it will also work but the image at high resolution may not be as sharp as hdmi or dvi. If you plan to run sound to you monitor via the GPU then i think on the HDMI will carry the sound signal (I may be wrong). The GTX 660Ti is a great card but if you have the cash then go for the 670. The 670 is a beast of a card.