Upgrading My PC.

Axle_blaze

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Hello,
I would like to mention my PC Specs (current). I have a Dell Inspiron 580's. It was bought 3 years ago by me.

CPU - Intel i3 550 @ 3.20 Ghz.

Chipset - Intel H57

Ram 4GB DDR3 non- ecc memory.

Monitor - A 21.5 inches HD Monitor by Dell.

Hard Drive - 320 GB SATA Hard Drive.

GPU - Nvidia Geforce 310.

250 Watts of Power SUpply.

For more info see this -- http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp580/en/cs/cs_en.pdf

SO I am a Big Gamer and have mostly played XBox and PS3 to date. Now I'm thinking onto moving for PC. I don't have much money to upgrade my PC. As less as you can put will be better.
I don't wish to play every game on Full HD. But I should be able to play most games and to be released games at mid-high settings so suggest according to it. (GTA 5 included)
I know my first and fore most look should be into the GPU so suggest which GPU should I get which will support my current configs and also fall under 250$.

I know I would have to upgrade the rest soon but I'm low on money. But any suggestions are welcome. For now I would like a suggestion on a video card.

Thanks in Advance.

Solution
i'd say a 7770 is already a really big improvement over a 310?? (didn't know that NVIDIA had a 3xx series)

A first gen I3 is like a core 2 duo (slower than a core 2 quad) so don't expect it run without bottlenecking a 680... However i'd say a mid-high range card like a 650ti or a 7770 is ok and you'll be happy (but anything higher will be simply throwing cash right out the windows as you're unlikely to see any FPS increase...)

For PSU Corsair builder series like ASHISH65 wrote are a best bang for the bucks (you can get them for 50$) and they do an awesome job...

Axle_blaze

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

So after that I will be able to play most upcoming games on mid-High settings atleast right? Also is the i3 enough for now?

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
i'd say a 7770 is already a really big improvement over a 310?? (didn't know that NVIDIA had a 3xx series)

A first gen I3 is like a core 2 duo (slower than a core 2 quad) so don't expect it run without bottlenecking a 680... However i'd say a mid-high range card like a 650ti or a 7770 is ok and you'll be happy (but anything higher will be simply throwing cash right out the windows as you're unlikely to see any FPS increase...)

For PSU Corsair builder series like ASHISH65 wrote are a best bang for the bucks (you can get them for 50$) and they do an awesome job...

Solution

Axle_blaze

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

Nah I'm not going to play MMO's. I play Counter Strike sometimes but that's fine. I will play games like Crysis, GTA, Dead Space 3 and blah blah.

Axle_blaze

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

Cool COol Cool. Thanks. And yes Nvidia had a 3XX series. It just sucks.