SLI does not work properly

hey guys,
i am rutger and i am new here, so i don't know if this is the right place to ask?

just a week or so i bought a second asus geforce gtx 560 for a 2-way sli. now that i have it i could play bf3 on ultra at 140 frames per second or so. it worked properly and i was real glad. but a few days ago battlefield crashed and i did not know what happened. i tried to reconnect, but after 3 minutes it crashed again. since then i've got that problem every single time i play bf3. for like ones ik got a notification/error message, it said something about DirectX, but i don't know what. i could not read it because bf3 crashed, and so did that message after i wanted to read it.
when my bf3 crashes, also my internet browser crashed.
when i play on ultra my bf3 crashes after 3-4 minutes.
when i play on high bf3 crashes after 15-20 minutes.
so i think when i play on medium i can play a little bit longer, but my bf3 still crashes after a amount of time.

my specs:
ASRock z77 Extreme 4
ASUS GeForce GTX 560
Intel Core i5 3470
8GB RAM, G.Skill.

i don't know if you guys need more information, or be able to tell me how to fix it. but i hope this can be fixed pretty soon.

NOTE: i tried a bf3 fix via origin, but it did not help because there were no missing files/broken files.\

rutger.
9 answers Last reply
More about work properly
  1. Is your psu up to the task with headroom to spare? .......
    What exact model of psu do you have? Have you overclocked the cpu? (assuming k version)

Tried all the usual virus/malware scans?

Recheck your power leads into both gfx cards, recheck all other motherboard seatings/connections incase something came loose.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling BF3

Try re-downloading the latest nvidia geforce drivers (perform clean install)
  2. Had about the same problem and tried to repair it via Origin but no files were corrupt. I uninstalled it and install it again and that worked :P
  3. okay, thanks. i will try it. you hear from me if it worked out or not.
  4. Ok :)
  5. Did it work ?
  6. Smashing todd said:
    Did it work ?

yeah great! i think it worked. i played on ultra and it did not crashe. thanks a lot.

i took a while because i could not uninstall and install it again, but now you know.
  7. it did not work unfortunately. i think i had luck once there.

but this is the message i sometimes get when bf3 crashes:

DirectX function 'GetDeviceRemovedReason' failed with SXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands.. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560", Driver: 31090
  8. Oh. Update your drivers?
  9. i tried that already, did not work. someone at an other forum said i maybe had to give my GPU 5mV more? u know that?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Battlefield SLI Graphics