Sign in with
Your question

Fairly low fps at world of warcraft with hd7850

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2013 11:01:48 AM

hi all, i have a problem about fps. i have msi r7850 twin frozr3 graphic card and i have 20-30 fps when i am in a crowded place in game (world of warcraft) , i think it is not normal because other users dont have such a low fps like this

my other system components (maybe it helps) are i5 3570k, asrock z77 extreme 4 mb and an onboard graphic card with this mb. i am thinking that this is the source of problem, onboard card works on game, not 7850. if you have any idea to solve this (or check whether 7850 works) , please tell me.

thanks
February 17, 2013 11:30:37 AM

If you're on windows 7, edit your config.wtf file, add this line:

SET gxApi "d3d11"

Should launch WoW in Dx11, and net you a big fps boost.
February 17, 2013 11:56:34 AM

MajinCry said:
If you're on windows 7, edit your config.wtf file, add this line:

SET gxApi "d3d11"

Should launch WoW in Dx11, and net you a big fps boost.

wow is already on dx11, i checked settings.
Related resources
February 17, 2013 12:40:38 PM

Surely to find out which graphics is in use.. look at what adaptor your monitor is plugged in to?

If you not using the onboard, you should check in BIOs to make sure onboard is turned off.
Most modern boards will auto turn off the onboard if it detects a dedicated graphics card.. but you should check.

Also - just make sure your WoW addons are up to date.. I have had a duff addon in the past which really messed up my FPS.
Updating/removing/fixing recovered the FPS.

HTH
Cheers
February 17, 2013 12:41:27 PM

the great randini said:
first off that mobo does not have onboard graphics, it does have display adapters but Supported only by CPU with integrated graphic.

1.click start type dxdiag.exe
2. press enter
in the display tab does it show the 7850 or intel 4000

i checked. it shows right i think, radeon 7800 series. here is the dxdiag screen

February 17, 2013 12:45:34 PM

You haven't listed the graphics settings you use in-game. In case you maxed out everything and stand at the capital in Vale, you're gonna get low fps on that card.
I've got a 670 that hovers in the 40s while standing outside Shrine without maxing out everything, that place is just weird - period.
February 17, 2013 1:44:09 PM

yoji said:
Surely to find out which graphics is in use.. look at what adaptor your monitor is plugged in to?

If you not using the onboard, you should check in BIOs to make sure onboard is turned off.
Most modern boards will auto turn off the onboard if it detects a dedicated graphics card.. but you should check.

Also - just make sure your WoW addons are up to date.. I have had a duff addon in the past which really messed up my FPS.
Updating/removing/fixing recovered the FPS.

HTH
Cheers

thanks for comment. i am going to try update my addons

i checked the bios. everything looks okay
February 17, 2013 1:52:29 PM

freddy1765 said:
You haven't listed the graphics settings you use in-game. In case you maxed out everything and stand at the capital in Vale, you're gonna get low fps on that card.
I've got a 670 that hovers in the 40s while standing outside Shrine without maxing out everything, that place is just weird - period.

1680x1050
multisampling 1x
vertical sync- disabled

all other settings are on maximum. i have between 20-30 when i am in orgrimmar (approximately near 50-60 players) . i have to say this i am really surprised. why this 9 years old (or whatever) game is tiring for those new cards?
a c 79 U Graphics card
February 17, 2013 2:01:49 PM

They have continued to add new graphics to the game over the years.
!