Sign in with
Your question

GPU or Minitor ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2013 12:55:03 PM

Hi
I recently bought a msi radeon hd 7850 twin frzr III and now when im playing games, specially on shadow areas, appears white-gray virbrating vertical lines. The lines are subtle but when there is a little shadow on area the lines are more visible.
I want to mention also the rumor that the card does when in area are more effects , the card begins to make a weird rumor like is under stress or smth ( sound describing : its like u get a piece of paper and you touch the middle of a fan , sounds like this ), actually the lines are more visible when the card is starting to do that rumor. I checked the fans , fans work properly and the sound is not coming from fans , i checked also from where comes the sound and im 100% is from graphic card, i am monitoring gpu with GPU-Z , temps are good, i also reinstalled the video card driver , removed the card from slot etc ... i tried all ways to understand why is doing this rumor when gpu loads ( while im playing and more effects are on area ) and also why those vibrating lines appears on screen and to be more specify , its like is interacting with something , its like frequency signal jammed but subtle , on shadow areas can be seen better.

my PC SPECS :

MSI R7850 TWIN FRZR III
INTEL I5 3570
ASROCK H77 PRO4
PSU 550W XFX PRO EDITION
WDC BLACK HARD DRIVE 500GB

As display monitor , i am using a Samsung SyncMaster 23inch , the monitor dosent have DVI output or HDMI , just VGA output , so i have to use a DVI-VGA adapter along the VGA cable since the video card has DVI-I , HDMI , MINI DISPLAY outputs.
The monitor is 2-3y old but i didnt had problems with it.

This is the adapter i use along the VGA cable

Im wondering if smbdy could help me bcz im tired to rma and wait 2 weeks as i recently waited for my rams :( 

More about : gpu minitor

February 17, 2013 1:21:07 PM

I bet there's nothing wrong with your graphics card, maybe interference because you're using a VGA cable. Try using a digital output and see it goes away :) 
a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2013 1:25:24 PM

^ +1 huge difference in quality from vga to dvi with resolution set to native.
-Bruce
Related resources
February 17, 2013 2:00:40 PM

i see , so the only option i have is to buy another monitor ? :) 
my TV has HDMI output , im gonna buy a hdmi cable and check on tv to see if there is any change, i just want to be sure that my new graphic card is ok.
February 17, 2013 7:54:07 PM

Kamael said:
i see , so the only option i have is to buy another monitor ? :) 
my TV has HDMI output , im gonna buy a hdmi cable and check on tv to see if there is any change, i just want to be sure that my new graphic card is ok.

Yeah, that is a good ideia, test it and see :) 
!