Sign in with
Your question

What's wrong with my Geforce GTX 550 Ti or the latest nVidia drivers?

February 17, 2013 1:34:59 PM

I'm currently on 285.79 beta forceware drivers on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit but for some reason all drivers after that cause me to have a random colored blank screen after logging in to windows. There is one driver though that lets me log in to windows but I get a random colored blank screen at any random time. There's no hard drive activity when the screen's gone blank. For some reason these drivers and the normal beta drivers seem to be the best ones for me. But I'm greatly lacking performance in some areas involving 3D graphics. Just in 3D graphics like 3DMark 11, 3D modelling apps and some games. All 2D performance like Blu-ray and stuff like that is fine. Whenever I use the drivers that came with my card I can't get video in Windows Media Center. I'm hoping I can have the later drivers to improve my graphics performance to what it should be. I haven't over or under-clocked. I have forceware drivers for better compatibility with older software. When I install drivers I usually install everything.

Here's my system spec:

Core i5-2500k 3.40Ghz Quad Core,
8GB RAM,
Gigabyte H61M-USB3-B3 Motherboard,
Single Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1531MB DDR3.

I don't know what wattage my PSU is!
This was a custom built PC.
!