Will the Tivo box work as a dvr w/o TiVo subscription

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
February 16, 2005 6:37:23 PM

Just wondering. If I cancelled the Tivo service, would I still be able to
use the Humax Tivo box as a dvr?
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:37:24 PM

Greg Simon wrote:
> Just wondering. If I cancelled the Tivo service, would I still be
able to
> use the Humax Tivo box as a dvr?

Nope.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 8:56:39 PM

Greg Simon wrote:
> Just wondering. If I cancelled the Tivo service, would I still be
able to
> use the Humax Tivo box as a dvr?
February 17, 2005 9:08:23 PM

Yes by time and channel none of the program data will be downloaded.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 2:05:20 AM

"Greg Simon" <gsimonregister@sbcglobal.net> shaped the electrons to say:
>Just wondering. If I cancelled the Tivo service, would I still be able to
>use the Humax Tivo box as a dvr?

No. None of the Humax units included TiVo Basic - no subscription
means they become a doorstop.

-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/&gt; <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/&gt; Eris
!