Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout

Unknownx09

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
So when im trying to play games it freezes after like 30 - 60 mins and i get a black screen after that i get a bleu screen saying : '' Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed ''. i installed a fresh copy of windows 7 like twice allready got the new drivers and stuff. Can somebody help me please?. I own this computer for like a year now and never had this problem ever...

Specs :
CPU : i5 2500k
RAM : 8GB
MOBO : Asus P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155) Rev 3.1 B3 Devision
GPU : AMD Radeon HD 6950
Monitor : ASUS VH 238 ( 1920x1080 60Hz )
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Unknownx09

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

I used the CD that i got with the mobo to download most of the drivers and than i updated my GPU thats the only things that i did

most times it may be a heat issue. try runing msi afterburner and make sure the gpu fan is spinning up to handle the heat load.
on the mb make sure your running the newest bios that has all of the bios patches.
P8Z77-V LX BIOS 1603
open you case make sure there nothing eating the mb...dust bunnies love motherboards...make sure all the fan are moving.
if you have a small case it may be lack of airflow...try running the pc with the side off see if it helps.
last would be a power supply that going bad under load...rippling out or gpu chip that failing.

Unknownx09

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

I never updated my bios and never had problem with it anyway.. And its not about heat also since ligth games like Gunz wil also result to a bleu screen..