Battlefield 3 Crashing

troym514

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2013
BF3 is crashing after menu. Ive tried different compatible OS's and disabling different sound drivers and AMD Catalyst versions. Some have worked for a while and then stopped working. Any1 know why BF3 is crashing on my machine? Hardware has been tested so heres my software.. AMD Catalyst v. 12.1, my OS is Windows 7 with sound driver version 6.1.7601.17514. Ive asked at other forums but havnt had much help. Thanx for reading.

troym514

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2013
phenom quad 3.4g, asus radeon 6850, kingston hyperX RAM. Just the usual hardware. nothing spectacular. I googled the problem and lot of people r crashing to desktop. Hoping sum1 knew what was going on.

have you just bought the game? or was it working fine before?
a few days ago, there was some issue with battlelog, maybe it's just coincidence?

anyway i play bf3 often, and issues are rare. i happens sometimes, but compare that with the number of rounds ive played, the ratio is good.

have you just bought the game? or was it working fine before?
a few days ago, there was some issue with battlelog, maybe it's just coincidence?

anyway i play bf3 often, and issues are rare. i happens sometimes, but compare that with the number of rounds ive played, the ratio is good.

G

Sounds like a driver issue or could be your GPU is going bad. I havent heard much of it crashing lately from the forums. Look at your temps across the board before and after gaming.

troym514

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2013
I use AMD Catalyst 12.1 b/c its "the last known good version" for Firestorm for Second Life. Crashes less when editing, etc. I ve tried the latest AMD Catalyst version as well as other version hoping it'd fix the BF3 crash. For the other reply, no, this game has never worked right. I installed it, and unlike all my other games, its never worked. Been crashing to desktop from the beginning, online and off. Ive reintsalled it a few times. Removed it completely a few times and its not an install or download problem. Ive been able to play the game for a couple of hours after removing some sound drivers and changing drivers for Catalyst but it would always eventually crash. Ive checked temps and ASUS smartdoctor lets me know when temps get too high(I think I have the alarm set for 150* F)so I have temps stable. Ive change compatibility and Catalyst versions and Ive come close to getting the game to work dependably but Im missing sumthing. Minimum OS is Vista SP2 32 bit with KB971512 for this game and recommended is 7 64bit....I'll go back to Origins forum, give them all my system information and maybe sum1 will see a confilct. Their tech guys should b able to spot something like that. Imo, tho, its a driver for sound that maybe keeps reinstalling itself causes the game to keep crashing but I really dont know. ***laughing at myself now*** Its all quite confusing. thanx very much for the replies :)

troym514

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2013
I had updated everything except Via HD audio deck. I did that today from Via websight. The game hasnt been crashing so I guess I finally got a bullseye. Chalk 1 up for relentlessness.