Sign in with
Your question

New Nvidia GT 630 crashing games after a few minutes

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2013 11:32:42 PM

During Christmas I got a new Computer. Everytime I play a game it crashes because of my nivida 630 graphics card.I have all my drivers up to date but it still does this pls help me.
February 17, 2013 11:36:11 PM

nvidia gt630m ddr3? is that on a laptop?
February 18, 2013 4:18:12 PM

No on a desktop.
Related resources
February 18, 2013 4:20:52 PM

How do you know it's the card? What does the error look like?
February 18, 2013 4:25:06 PM

When Windows boots up it checks for a solution and says its because of my graphics card!!!
February 18, 2013 4:27:06 PM

Did you completely uninstall your cards drivers and then reinstall the correct drivers at their website? That's the first thing I'd try.
February 18, 2013 4:43:12 PM

Yep -_-
February 18, 2013 5:35:07 PM

Soo can I have any help?
February 18, 2013 5:51:11 PM

MehKitties said:
During Christmas I got a new Computer. Everytime I play a game it crashes because of my nivida 630 graphics card.I have all my drivers up to date but it still does this pls help me.

can you give a link of the graphics card you bought from? What're your computer specs?
February 18, 2013 6:24:54 PM

We are trying to. You didn't give much information there lol.. This is a helpful forum from what I can see and they are very knowledgeable if you don't make them guess xD.. Computers act weird when there is a problem so it could be any number of things. I even had viruses make my computer seem totally broken before.
Without information it is impossible for even the smartest person to help you.
February 18, 2013 6:51:25 PM

this is the best i can post my specs :D DD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2
Intel core i7 CPU 920
2.67GHz, 6.0GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
February 18, 2013 6:51:46 PM

Yea thats the best i can post them sry.
February 18, 2013 6:59:05 PM

erinlove said:
We are trying to. You didn't give much information there lol.. This is a helpful forum from what I can see and they are very knowledgeable if you don't make them guess xD.. Computers act weird when there is a problem so it could be any number of things. I even had viruses make my computer seem totally broken before.
Without information it is impossible for even the smartest person to help you.

Trust me I have no viruses!!!
I scanned my pc with MSE and Malwarebytes they detected nothing
February 18, 2013 7:09:59 PM

download speccy: http://www.piriform.com/speccy

it will give you ALL the information you don't know.

what graphics card did you have before this GT 630?
February 18, 2013 7:31:58 PM

darrick1994 said:
download speccy: http://www.piriform.com/speccy

it will give you ALL the information you don't know.

what graphics card did you have before this GT 630?

Thanks for the program and i hadn't had a different graphics card.
February 18, 2013 7:34:30 PM

My Specs But Better xD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Operating System
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2
CPU
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 57 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (8-8-8-19)
Motherboard
MSI MSI X58 PLATINUM SLI(MS-7522) (CPU 1) 44 °C
Graphics
S200HL (1600x900@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 28 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
February 18, 2013 7:42:06 PM

how were you running your computer before the graphics card? it appears there is not on board graphics on the motherboard and according to intel's site, there is no integrated graphics.

When you plug the display onto your motherboard I/O, your games work perfectly fine, correct? And when you plug the display onto the graphics card I/O, your games start crashing, right?

hmmm, can you open up your computer and give the information about the power supply? I highly doubt it's a hardware issue seeing how you say the drivers are crashing but you can never be too certain.

a possibility could be that you have a faulty graphics card if reinstalling drivers doesn't fix it

Crashing games really do sound like something with the drivers or the physical card itself
February 18, 2013 7:55:02 PM

darrick1994 said:
how were you running your computer before the graphics card? it appears there is not on board graphics on the motherboard and according to intel's site, there is no integrated graphics.

When you plug the display onto your motherboard I/O, your games work perfectly fine, correct? And when you plug the display onto the graphics card I/O, your games start crashing, right?

hmmm, can you open up your computer and give the information about the power supply? I highly doubt it's a hardware issue seeing how you say the drivers are crashing but you can never be too certain.

a possibility could be that you have a faulty graphics card if reinstalling drivers doesn't fix it

Crashing games really do sound like something with the drivers or the physical card itself

When my computer was built i never changed the graphics card!!!!
February 18, 2013 8:01:06 PM

Intel Core i7 920
Cores 4
Threads 8
Name Intel Core i7 920
Code Name Bloomfield
Package Socket 1366 LGA
Technology 45nm
Specification Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Family 6
Extended Family 6
Model A
Extended Model 1A
Stepping 4
Revision C0/C1
Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64
Virtualization Supported, Enabled
Hyperthreading Supported, Enabled
Fan Speed 2255 RPM
Bus Speed 133.3 MHz
Rated Bus Speed 2399.4 MHz
Stock Core Speed 2666 MHz
Stock Bus Speed 133 MHz
Average Temperature 59 °C
Caches
L1 Data Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes
L1 Instructions Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes
L2 Unified Cache Size 4 x 256 KBytes
L3 Unified Cache Size 8192 KBytes
Core 0
Core 1
Core 2
Core 3
February 18, 2013 8:03:27 PM

I cant find info about my powe supply :C
February 18, 2013 8:15:53 PM

Everything about my graphics card
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graphics
Monitor
Name S200HL on NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Current Resolution 1600x900 pixels
Work Resolution 1600x870 pixels
State enabled, primary
Monitor Width 1600
Monitor Height 900
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 60 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Memory 1023 MB
Driver version 9.18.13.1407
OpenGL
Version 4.3.0
Vendor NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
GLU Version 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation
Values
GL_MAX_LIGHTS 8
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_STACK_DEPTH 10
GL Extensions
February 18, 2013 9:20:45 PM

See if you can get a replacement for the card from the manufacturer. If that fixes your problem, then that meant your current one is faulty or something went wrong with it.

Hopefully that will fix your problem but if that does not, then it points to either corrupt drivers, conflicting drivers, or some interfering software. Did you uninstall previous graphics drivers before you installed the current ones for your graphics card?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

just curious but what game(s) are you trying to play?
February 18, 2013 10:06:18 PM

darrick1994 said:
See if you can get a replacement for the card from the manufacturer. If that fixes your problem, then that meant your current one is faulty or something went wrong with it.

Hopefully that will fix your problem but if that does not, then it points to either corrupt drivers, conflicting drivers, or some interfering software. Did you uninstall previous graphics drivers before you installed the current ones for your graphics card?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

just curious but what game(s) are you trying to play?

I already unstalled them and installed them
Here's the list of the game
------------------------------------------------------
Team Fortress 2
Garry's Mod
Counter-Strike Go
Zombie source panic
February 18, 2013 10:20:43 PM

See if you can get a replacement from the manufacturer to rule out a faulty graphics card
February 18, 2013 10:21:39 PM

Aok
February 19, 2013 12:28:09 AM

Yea thats not gonna work!
February 19, 2013 5:13:51 AM

Which country are do you live in? What's the manufacturer of your graphics card?

If that doesn't work, you could try and buy a new graphics card and plug that into your computer to see if it works fine. If it does, then your current graphics card probably died (which sounds strange since you've only had it for 2 months)

Other than the card is dead or the drivers are messed up, I can't think of any other probable issue except your power supply is not supplying enough power to the card (but your system should just shut down if that is the case).

Is the card properly seated into the pci-e slot?
November 12, 2013 1:21:32 PM

darrick1994 said:
Which country are do you live in? What's the manufacturer of your graphics card?

If that doesn't work, you could try and buy a new graphics card and plug that into your computer to see if it works fine. If it does, then your current graphics card probably died (which sounds strange since you've only had it for 2 months)

Other than the card is dead or the drivers are messed up, I can't think of any other probable issue except your power supply is not supplying enough power to the card (but your system should just shut down if that is the case).

Is the card properly seated into the pci-e slot?

It's been awhile since I said anything, but I found and fixed the problem, the graphics cards fan wasn't working so I removed the fan, and put a new one on it.
[FIX] Problems with Display on External Monitor?
I recently bought a HDMI cable for my laptop to have a second monitor for editing. I plugged it in and found that it would not fit on the screen. The PC display was too big for the monitor. So, heres how you fix it. It has nothing to do with the... See full content
!