Audio from HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
I can get audio from my pc to tv but whenever it's connected and the game doesn't have high sounds yet, the sounds are really really low, then when something happens like an explosion, the game is supposed to have sound but the sounds start being really low then rises to normal audio. Then when I go to menu or something or loading screen, it's back to low, and when the game starts again, the audio has to rise from low to high and it's annoying. Why does it do that?

Solution
you might have the audio output settings wrong. it could be sending a 5.1 signal out and the tv doesn't have a 5.1 decoder built into it. try setting the audio output to stereo(2 channel audio).

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

Can't do that, my pc is 40ft away.

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

It's plugged into my 7850. I used a 3.5mm audio cable before and the same stuff happened but it was worse.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Does your MB have integrated video/audio you could use to test if it is the card or not?

You could try uninstalling the card's graphic driver. Then, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode and have it remove any remnants of Nvidia, AMD, and ATI graphic drivers it finds. (It'll also remove any of the gfx card's audio drivers at the same time) Then re-boot and install the latest driver again.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

I don't think it's the card, I connected a 3.5mm cable from my mobo to my tv and the same thing happened.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Are you saying you tried the motherboard's integrated audio along with the gfx card's video and the results were the same?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Well, if I understand you correctly you tried the card's audio and the motherboard's audio with similar results; both bad. I would have to say the problem is with the HDTV's audio system. Can you try the PC/card/MB on a conventional set of speakers or headphones?

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

they work on speakers and headphones. I don't think it's anything wrong with the TV though, it's only like 6 months old.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The age/newness of the TV makes little difference. You have proven the motherboard/card work fine with different devices. The only thing they don't work fine with is the TV. Either you have a setting wrong, or the TV is defective.

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

Could it be some kind of setting on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.