Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Audio from HDMI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2013 11:37:23 PM

I can get audio from my pc to tv but whenever it's connected and the game doesn't have high sounds yet, the sounds are really really low, then when something happens like an explosion, the game is supposed to have sound but the sounds start being really low then rises to normal audio. Then when I go to menu or something or loading screen, it's back to low, and when the game starts again, the audio has to rise from low to high and it's annoying. Why does it do that?

More about : audio hdmi

February 18, 2013 9:23:18 PM

I forgot to mention the cable is 40ft long.
Score
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 18, 2013 9:39:21 PM

You are using a 40 foot long HDMI cable?!
I would first try your system with a normal length HDMI cable of 6 foot or less and see if it still performs that way.
Score
Related resources
February 18, 2013 11:16:04 PM

clutchc said:
You are using a 40 foot long HDMI cable?!
I would first try your system with a normal length HDMI cable of 6 foot or less and see if it still performs that way.

Can't do that, my pc is 40ft away.
Score
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 18, 2013 11:29:51 PM

Well, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot. It could be a malfunction of the HDTV's HDMI interface, the extra long cable length, or the sound card/chip. Are you using on-board sound or a discrete card?
Score
February 19, 2013 12:07:50 AM

clutchc said:
Well, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot. It could be a malfunction of the HDTV's HDMI interface, the extra long cable length, or the sound card/chip. Are you using on-board sound or a discrete card?

It's plugged into my 7850. I used a 3.5mm audio cable before and the same stuff happened but it was worse.
Score
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 2:11:23 PM

romeodakins said:
It's plugged into my 7850. I used a 3.5mm audio cable before and the same stuff happened but it was worse.

Do you have another display (HDTV, monitor, etc) to connect to temporarily to verify it is not the TV?
Score
February 19, 2013 10:31:09 PM

clutchc said:
Do you have another display (HDTV, monitor, etc) to connect to temporarily to verify it is not the TV?

Nope :(  I don't think it's the TV, it's a new one I got last summer.
Score
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 10:58:48 PM

Does your MB have integrated video/audio you could use to test if it is the card or not?

You could try uninstalling the card's graphic driver. Then, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode and have it remove any remnants of Nvidia, AMD, and ATI graphic drivers it finds. (It'll also remove any of the gfx card's audio drivers at the same time) Then re-boot and install the latest driver again.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.h...
Score
February 20, 2013 12:13:50 AM

clutchc said:
Does your MB have integrated video/audio you could use to test if it is the card or not?

You could try uninstalling the card's graphic driver. Then, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode and have it remove any remnants of Nvidia, AMD, and ATI graphic drivers it finds. (It'll also remove any of the gfx card's audio drivers at the same time) Then re-boot and install the latest driver again.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.h...

I don't think it's the card, I connected a 3.5mm cable from my mobo to my tv and the same thing happened.
Score
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 20, 2013 1:47:18 PM

romeodakins said:
I don't think it's the card, I connected a 3.5mm cable from my mobo to my tv and the same thing happened.

Are you saying you tried the motherboard's integrated audio along with the gfx card's video and the results were the same?
Score
February 21, 2013 12:59:10 AM

clutchc said:
Are you saying you tried the motherboard's integrated audio along with the gfx card's video and the results were the same?

Yeah, the audio cable was plugged straight into my motherboard.
Score
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 21, 2013 1:03:11 AM

romeodakins said:
Yeah, the audio cable was plugged straight into my motherboard.

Well, if I understand you correctly you tried the card's audio and the motherboard's audio with similar results; both bad. I would have to say the problem is with the HDTV's audio system. Can you try the PC/card/MB on a conventional set of speakers or headphones?
Score
February 22, 2013 12:02:15 AM

clutchc said:
Well, if I understand you correctly you tried the card's audio and the motherboard's audio with similar results; both bad. I would have to say the problem is with the HDTV's audio system. Can you try the PC/card/MB on a conventional set of speakers or headphones?

they work on speakers and headphones. I don't think it's anything wrong with the TV though, it's only like 6 months old.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 22, 2013 1:21:09 AM

you might have the audio output settings wrong. it could be sending a 5.1 signal out and the tv doesn't have a 5.1 decoder built into it. try setting the audio output to stereo(2 channel audio).
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 22, 2013 2:54:01 AM

romeodakins said:
they work on speakers and headphones. I don't think it's anything wrong with the TV though, it's only like 6 months old.

The age/newness of the TV makes little difference. You have proven the motherboard/card work fine with different devices. The only thing they don't work fine with is the TV. Either you have a setting wrong, or the TV is defective.
Score
February 23, 2013 1:44:08 AM

clutchc said:
The age/newness of the TV makes little difference. You have proven the motherboard/card work fine with different devices. The only thing they don't work fine with is the TV. Either you have a setting wrong, or the TV is defective.

Could it be some kind of setting on my computer?
Score
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 1:52:56 AM

romeodakins said:
Could it be some kind of setting on my computer?

?? Perhaps some incompatibility.
Score
February 23, 2013 7:33:54 AM

clutchc said:
?? Perhaps some incompatibility.

What would be incompatible with what?
Score
February 23, 2013 8:31:46 PM

Hey I finally found out how to fix it. My tv had this audio setting called TruVolume. Idk what it does but I turned it off and the audio is back to normal.
Score
a c 299 U Graphics card
February 23, 2013 9:08:42 PM

I guess you found the 'incompatibility' problem. Wrong setting. You better give this best answer to nikoli707.
Score
February 23, 2013 9:59:23 PM

Best answer selected by romeodakins.
Score
!