Msi Lightning 7970 Boost Edition

Hello Guys :) I have been looking for a new Card and i saw The MSI Lightning 7970 Boost Edition. Problem is i cant find it anywhere in the USA. do any of you have any ideas on where i could get this card from? Thanks :)
7 answers Last reply
More about lightning 7970 boost edition
  1. Just get another version of the 7970. That version is probably discontinued They are all about the same. Maybe try a ghz edition of the card?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125439
  2. Azn Cracker said:
    Just get another version of the 7970. That version is probably discontinued They are all about the same. Maybe try a ghz edition of the card?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125439

    Thanks for the Reply but i heard that the msi lightning has Voltage unlocked. Most of the other cards i was looking at are Voltage Locked. Plus i heard that MSI lightning is the best Card to overclock with...If that is true or not lol
  3. goujen said:
    Thanks for the Reply but i heard that the msi lightning has Voltage unlocked. Most of the other cards i was looking at are Voltage Locked. Plus i heard that MSI lightning is the best Card to overclock with...If that is true or not lol


    What you mean by voltage unlocked? You mean that you can change the voltage? :??:
    If that's the case, then most of the cards are unlocked, not locked :lol:
  4. LeoMatrix said:
    What you mean by voltage unlocked? You mean that you can change the voltage? :??:
    If that's the case, then most of the cards are unlocked, not locked :lol:

    I did some research and the core Voltage is Locked on some brands of 7970 e.g. XFX , Gigabyte. well thats what i read anyways lol
  5. goujen said:
    I did some research and the core Voltage is Locked on some brands of 7970 e.g. XFX , Gigabyte. well thats what i read anyways lol
    Yes there are locked ones and unlocked ones not all are unlocked so you read correctly.
  6. yikes all the msi models are dicontinuted I guess it is because of the new series coming out..... ;/? 8xxx series?

    I wanted two lightning or Pe editions this blows , oh well, done, and gone.

    I was thinking they were probably going to add twin frozer five..... to current gtx 680 and msi models 7xxx series. But I guess that is not the case they did show twin frvz V at CES bit but.. why would it be for 680's and 7xxx series when 8xxx is releasing soon?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product MSI-Microstar