Msi Lightning 7970 Boost Edition

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • MSI
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2013 3:27:56 AM

Hello Guys :)  I have been looking for a new Card and i saw The MSI Lightning 7970 Boost Edition. Problem is i cant find it anywhere in the USA. do any of you have any ideas on where i could get this card from? Thanks :) 

More about : msi lightning 7970 boost edition

February 18, 2013 3:39:22 AM

Azn Cracker said:
Just get another version of the 7970. That version is probably discontinued They are all about the same. Maybe try a ghz edition of the card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for the Reply but i heard that the msi lightning has Voltage unlocked. Most of the other cards i was looking at are Voltage Locked. Plus i heard that MSI lightning is the best Card to overclock with...If that is true or not lol
m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2013 3:46:58 AM

goujen said:
Thanks for the Reply but i heard that the msi lightning has Voltage unlocked. Most of the other cards i was looking at are Voltage Locked. Plus i heard that MSI lightning is the best Card to overclock with...If that is true or not lol

What you mean by voltage unlocked? You mean that you can change the voltage? :??: 
If that's the case, then most of the cards are unlocked, not locked :lol: 
m
l
February 18, 2013 3:47:03 PM

LeoMatrix said:
What you mean by voltage unlocked? You mean that you can change the voltage? :??: 
If that's the case, then most of the cards are unlocked, not locked :lol: 

I did some research and the core Voltage is Locked on some brands of 7970 e.g. XFX , Gigabyte. well thats what i read anyways lol
m
l
a c 186 U Graphics card
February 18, 2013 3:52:54 PM

goujen said:
I did some research and the core Voltage is Locked on some brands of 7970 e.g. XFX , Gigabyte. well thats what i read anyways lol
Yes there are locked ones and unlocked ones not all are unlocked so you read correctly.
m
l
April 15, 2013 11:40:00 AM

yikes all the msi models are dicontinuted I guess it is because of the new series coming out..... ;/? 8xxx series?

I wanted two lightning or Pe editions this blows , oh well, done, and gone.

I was thinking they were probably going to add twin frozer five..... to current gtx 680 and msi models 7xxx series. But I guess that is not the case they did show twin frvz V at CES bit but.. why would it be for 680's and 7xxx series when 8xxx is releasing soon?
m
l
!