Shader model 3 support?

Noobpc

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
I am trying to install a game called Primal Carnage through steam, but everytime i get in the process of it i get the error message saying that I dont have "shader model 3".

I am not sure what i need. I have tried using a program called 3danalyzer to emulate a new graphics card but that was a failure.

How do i get this game to work for me?

I am running windows xp pro SP3 2002

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53 GHz
2.52 GHz, 1.5GB RAM

What other information do you guys need?

Trying to spend as little money as possible.

ninjafishh

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
Hey, Primal Carnage relies (at minimum) on Shader Model 3 to render even the start screen. If your graphics card does not support it, then you won't be able to run the game. Since you have a very low-end processor, I think you'd probably have an AGP slot as opposed to PCI (the type of connector that the graphcis card would use). AGP cards can be very expensive to buy online from a retailer, so you'd have to looks for local deals or use Ebay. I found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Gigabyte-GeForce-Graphics-Heatsink/dp/B00AJ2TDZM/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361172539&sr=1-2&keywords=agp+7600

And I think it would suit your needs. You won't ever be maxing anything, or running at anything but low settings, but it would let you play a few games (Primal Carnage included) at low settings.