USB Port on DVR Tivo

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
February 18, 2005 10:02:33 PM

What are they for?

More about : usb port dvr tivo

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 10:02:34 PM

chris wrote:
> What are they for?

Officially they are for future enhancements.

They can be used currently for networking if you hack your box.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 10:02:34 PM

"chris" <ccg@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
news:D ZqRd.33922$XY5.1881@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> What are they for?

By "DVR Tivo" do you mean Directivo, or any Series 2 tivo, as in Digital
Video Recorder?
February 18, 2005 10:02:35 PM

I haven't hacked my box and the usb port is used with an Ethernet
network adapter to link my two Tivo's. Works great.
Paul

in2sheep@yahoo.com wrote:
> chris wrote:
>
>>What are they for?
>

> Officially they are for future enhancements.
>
> They can be used currently for networking if you hack your box.

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 2:28:08 AM

"chris" <ccg@midsouth.rr.com> shaped the electrons to say:
>What are they for?

If you have a DirecTiVo (DirecTV receiver with TiVO) - then noting.
'Future use.'

If you have a standalone TiVo then they're used to connect Ethernet or
WiFi adapters to network the unit.

-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/&gt; <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/&gt; Eris
!