Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

I want a dual monitor setup

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 18, 2013 5:02:03 PM

I'm collecting parts to build a computer.

I currently have intel i5 2500k, 16gb ram, gigabyte mb

The motherboard have a single HDMI contact, is it possible to have a dual monitor setup with this motherboard?

Or do I have to buy a graphics card?

I've found a used GTS 250 is there a reason to buy a new HD 6570 or a GT 630 for the same price?

More about : dual monitor setup

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 18, 2013 5:19:38 PM

What type of work are you doing on the computer?


If its office work/internet stuff then the 250 will work for that. If you wanting to game then you will need a better card to suport dual monitors with good FPS.
Score
0
February 18, 2013 5:34:22 PM

At the moment the only games that would be played are Civilization 4, Football manager 2013, Rome: Total War or Europa Unversalis III.

Other work to be done are Lightroom or Photoshop.
Score
0
Related resources
a c 177 U Graphics card
a c 106 V Motherboard
February 18, 2013 6:58:46 PM

Yes you can use dual monitors on the mobo. Gaming performance is no difference with 2 monitors simply because most games will not support it. The game will only show on one monitor. You can have a browser or anything else on the second.
Score
0
February 18, 2013 7:16:52 PM

k1114 said:
Yes you can use dual monitors on the mobo. Gaming performance is no difference with 2 monitors simply because most games will not support it. The game will only show on one monitor. You can have a browser or anything else on the second.


How do I setup the dual dvi monitors on my motherboard?
Score
0
a c 200 U Graphics card
a c 462 V Motherboard
February 18, 2013 7:20:22 PM

you have to look at the mb guild. most new mb will let you turn on two ports. the dvi and hdmi or the dvi and vga ports. it be in the mb guild. on video cards you want to buy the newer 6xx or amd cards as they use less power then the used 250.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 18, 2013 7:21:31 PM

Simple. Install drivers, connect second monitor to next available port and configure in Windows control panel.
Score
0
a c 177 U Graphics card
a c 106 V Motherboard
February 18, 2013 7:24:59 PM

My bad I looked at the pic too quickly and thought that was vga but it's lpt. You only have 1 video output which is the hdmi. You could get a splitter but would be better to just get a graphics card.
Score
0
February 18, 2013 7:44:08 PM

k1114 said:
My bad I looked at the pic too quickly and thought that was vga but it's lpt. You only have 1 video output which is the hdmi. You could get a splitter but would be better to just get a graphics card.



At the moment won't buy a gpu if I can avoid it. I guess a splitter like this would be useable.
Score
0
February 18, 2013 7:53:35 PM

smorizio said:
you have to look at the mb guild. most new mb will let you turn on two ports. the dvi and hdmi or the dvi and vga ports. it be in the mb guild. on video cards you want to buy the newer 6xx or amd cards as they use less power then the used 250.


maestro0428 said:
Simple. Install drivers, connect second monitor to next available port and configure in Windows control panel.


As you can see the board just have one video output.



Spoiler
Back Panel Connectors

1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
1 x parallel port
1 x serial port
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
1 x HDMI port
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)


But guess a splitter like I've linked to is useable
Score
0
February 18, 2013 8:17:32 PM

You want the same image on both screens?
Score
0

Best solution

a c 177 U Graphics card
a c 106 V Motherboard
February 18, 2013 9:01:49 PM

No that will simply duplicate the signal. The ones that will be able to have both independent will cost more than a graphics card. Why don't you want a graphics card?
Share
February 18, 2013 9:04:33 PM

k1114 said:
No that will simply duplicate the signal. The ones that will be able to have both independent will cost more than a graphics card. Why don't you want a graphics card?


Due to price, but I guess I'll buy a gpu then. Thanks for your help.
Score
0
a c 705 U Graphics card
a c 973 V Motherboard
March 3, 2013 8:42:29 PM

Choose best answer has been added to thread.
Score
0
March 4, 2013 6:35:23 AM

Best answer selected by kimare.
Score
0
!