I currently have a Radeon HD 6950 unlocked and slightly OC'ed. I'm debating selling it and grabbing a new card. Any feedback on whether I should hold off on upgrading until it is more out of date or if it is worth selling while it still holds a decent residual value and upgrading now?
Do you need an upgrade? If the games you're playing now play how you want them then there is no need to upgrade. If you're playing games at lower than desired settings go for it.
My thinking is more along the lines of financial benefit. I could almost sell the 6950 for the cost of a new 7950 but I'm wondering if it's best to just run the 6950 til it's no longer viable or whether I can get more life out of upgrading now for only a little cost after selling my current card and if the newer models are really even that much better.