Sign in with
Your question

What video card to upgrade for my X51

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2013 8:00:38 PM

Hey everyone, I'm a casual gamer, no CoD or BF. I do mostly sims (Flight Sim, SimCity) and stuff along those lines. What would be recommended for my system as it has a GT 640 in it. I want a little more oomph but don't need something super high end. Many thanks.

More about : video card upgrade x51

February 18, 2013 8:38:28 PM

BCornflakes said:
Hey everyone, I'm a casual gamer, no CoD or BF. I do mostly sims (Flight Sim, SimCity) and stuff along those lines. What would be recommended for my system as it has a GT 640 in it. I want a little more oomph but don't need something super high end. Many thanks.

7870/660
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2013 8:40:42 PM

if you are playing such games, why are you getting a video card upgrade? those games can probably run easily off of the intergrated graphics and definitely on the gt 640

and if you are going to be playing something more intensive, a gtx 660 is the most powerful card that you can fit inside that system
m
l
February 18, 2013 9:51:34 PM

Thanks guys. I've tried with the 640 and with even mid-range settings I'm just getting a lot of lag (though that may be the RAM which at 6gb I should upgrade anyways). Obviously I'm not too knowledgeable so all your help is greatly appreciated. Whats your view on the 650ti for this sort of thing?
m
l
Related resources
!