Help please!!!

tsh_09

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Guys i really need ur help because i have no clue what to do....
I've built at home a brand new system and after powering it up...everything went silky smooth for about 30 mins until i started to install the mob drivers.
It started and restarted several times (as it installed the drivers) but at some point an error occured..it said something with "vga driver/hardware...". I didn't pay much attention to it as i thougt that i was going to install the gpu driver anyway and that the error would't probably matter...but when the system rebooted after this error it couldn't display anything on my monitor...not a single thing...the monitor just went to sleep mode...i've tried conecting my monitor to the dvi port (at first it was connected to the hdmi port)...i've tried both the dvi and the hdmi port from the mob as well (at first the monitor was connected to the gpu ports).
I tried to connect it to other monitors (to rule out it was a monitor problem).
I also tried connecting some speakers to my pc but couldn't hear any beep nor the windows starting sound....
The whole system works but i am blind...
Neither part was overheating...
I also want to say that from the start i connected my pc to a stable and grounded outlet.
My pc configuration:
Core i5 3570k
Asrock extreme 4
Gigabyte hd7970
2x4 gb kingston hyperx ram
Ssd kingston 60 gb
Wd caviar blue 500 gb
Psu cooler master gx 550w

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

I have the same board as you and cant say that I've had that problem. Are you plugging your monitor into the onboard ports or your graphics card ?

tsh_09

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
As i said i tried both the hdmi and dvi ports from the mob and from the gpu....i don't think this is the problem as it worked just fine for half hour

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

By the sound of the problem it has to do something with the onboard display drivers it seems like. Try formatting your drive. Reinstalling the OS, then installing your GPU drivers first. Reboot and then install the mobo drivers. Make sure to have it plugged into the card the whole time though.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

Try booting to your drive or whatever you have your os on, as I have it on a thumb drive. It should work as it's normally in a similar like state of safe mode when installing the OS. You can try clearing CMOS, theres on a button on the back of the board to do so.

mattck

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
take out the graphics card(GF), reset the bios (take out the battary if need be for 10min), install with the onboard GF, then install the GF after you install windows & the motherboard drivers etc... hope that helps ;)