Sign in with
Your question

Graphic Card Problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 18, 2013 11:07:18 PM

I just recently changed my XFX 6850 to a Twin Frozr II 560 GTX TI Factory Overclocked. When I'm playing games, my screen will freeze for a few seconds and green, purple, blue fuzz will appear on my screen. When I alt-tab it says that the Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Drivers have crashed. I've tried reinstalling the drivers several times, updating them, and reseating my card. Not sure what to do, any help?

More about : graphic card problems

a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2013 11:28:32 PM

Re-install windows :/  its the old drivers conflicting with the new ones. Use AMD's official uninstall application to remove the ati drivers completely
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2013 11:31:08 PM

haider95 said:
Re-install windows :/  its the old drivers conflicting with the new ones. Use AMD's official uninstall application to remove the ati drivers completely

Re-Install windows as a last resort. Look for a program called Driver Sweeper and use it to uninstall ALL GRAPHICS DRIVERS, then re-install the drivers for your current card.
m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2013 11:38:04 PM

DiaSin said:
Re-Install windows as a last resort. Look for a program called Driver Sweeper and use it to uninstall ALL GRAPHICS DRIVERS, then re-install the drivers for your current card.

I actually just did that today, still having the same problems though.
m
l
February 18, 2013 11:38:17 PM

DiaSin said:

I actually just did that today, still having the same problems though.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2013 11:40:11 PM

Hmm.. Is your power supply sufficient for your card?
m
l
February 18, 2013 11:43:46 PM

DiaSin said:
Hmm.. Is your power supply sufficient for your card?

I believe so, it's a Coolmax 700w. I do have a Seasonsic 750x, but I haven't switched it out yet.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 18, 2013 11:49:55 PM

Any 700w should have sufficient amperage for that card so thats probly not the issue. I guess just wait until someone more knowledgeable than me comes along and reples.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 1:27:54 AM

Faulty card from what i make of it
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 1:29:04 AM

Did you roll back drivers? try different versions of the driver see if that helps
m
l
February 19, 2013 8:06:48 PM

I've tried several versions for the drivers, they all cause the same problem though.
m
l
!