Need to upgrade

Darkmanx

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I need some help. I am oblivious when it comes to upgrading my video card i currently have this video card and is quite dated http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150579 this card will run stuff for me but i want better.I have a 400 watt power supply and about 100 bucks to spend. I am try to be able to play the new Simcity game coming out in March i have everything but a card to run it. the specs off thier site is as follows :VIDEO:
Players will need at least a 512 MB video card featuring either an nVidia 7800 or better, an AMD chipset of at least an ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better, or an Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better.
***NOTE: All the above-mentioned must also have a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.
It is essential to the game’s performance and stability that the latest possible drivers for your video card are installed at all times. Maintaining diligence toward your drivers will allow you to maximize on the SimCity experience. I dont know what to look for to upgrade pleas help.

Darkmanx

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013

it's nothing to fancy i bought it cheap I have kids and a nagging wife when ever i buy stuff for my computer so i go as cheap as i can get i know i get what i pay for but if it work it works you know what i mean?

Anyway here it is Dynex™ - 400-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply

ARICH5

Distinguished
you got the psu at best buy right?

that psu is terrible. its not 80+ rated and id say only puts out 200W. dynex is notorious for claiming higher wattage. in a review at hardware secrets it actually blew up trying to get 380w from, it.

put a new gpu on it at your own risk.

Darkmanx

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013

What PSU do you suggest