Unknown problem with hd 7950 3gb

aziodeep

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Hey guys, i am facing unknown type of problem with my new sapphire radeon hd7950 3gb dual fan edition

Please see the problem in the picture
here is the link

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o679/azio1/20130219_123050_zpse875b5c5.jpg

this problem is from starting, yesterday i installed it(i mean plugged it into mobo)

and facing this problem...

and please help me out

pc conf

i5-3.2 ghz, oc to 3.6 ghz

10 gb ddr3 ram

asus p7p55d e pro mobo

corsair tx750 power supply

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
First make sure you uninstall all older drivers (including intel HD if the case) then make sure your integrated graphic are disabled in the bios and make PEG as first graphic...

If you really have removed older drivers in safe mode and all correspondant registry key are deleted or you just formated, then i suspect a DOA card...

Make sure to really get rid of any other driver, even if it was an ATI/AMD card with the newest driver you had, you still need to remove them completly and reinstall them from the scratch...

Does this happen when first booting the computer, or only after getting into Windows?

To me that looks like an unstable overclock or a really bad heat issue, if its doing that before you'v hit Windows, youv gotten a dud unit. Might want to RMA it.
If its happening after it gets into Windows, it could still be the above problems, but also could be driver or software issues like SpawnKiller is suggesting.

aziodeep

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

When i plugged my new card first time, at first start it started coming...

so it means yes from start(even before bios options)

Confirm if its actually the GPU at fault, unplug the card and use the integrated graphics. If that works fine, then you can definitely say the GPU is the problem. Chances are likely the cooler is mounted incorrectly on the GPU or nearby VRAM modules, causing these issues.
Considering its a brand new part, you should be able to get an RMA quite easily.

MasterFURQAN

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
format & reinstalling the os may fix the problem but make sure the display cable (vga / dvi / hdmi) is plugged in 7950 while u r installing the os..& make sure you've installed the gpu well in the mobo..with the 6 pin connector(s)..

aziodeep

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

I believe its new graphics card fault, as my old graphics card(hd 6850 1gb ddr5) is working fine. on same pc

Only problem is with Hd7950 card...

even i updated bios, removed all old drivers in safe mode....
still no solution....
spend my 8 hours on it tryd my best but :( :(

aziodeep

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

I did the same yesterday bro...

the main thing is i am getting these lines from beginning of pc start.