Tivo/Direct TV- Any opinions, pros or cons?

Tivo/Direct TV- Any opinions, pros or cons?

Yes, as you all know, I'm a newbie, but all your help and e-mails have
been wonderful.

I just ordered direct TV and Tivo to be installed in my new home next
month, and I was wondering what you all though of those two services,
and what to do to maximize their efficiency.

Thanks for any help!
More about tivo direct opinions pros cons

    TIVO means that we no longer watch broadcast TV --

    If you are a film buff you can select by Director, Actor, Genre etc. A
    favorite in this household is TCM (www.turnerclassicmovies.com), but FLIX
    and SUNDANCE are up there as well. Also -- "The Avengers", "The Saint" and
    "The Prisoner" are on BBCTV.

    Jack

    "Craig James" <PermissionToLand@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > Tivo/Direct TV- Any opinions, pros or cons?
    >
    > Yes, as you all know, I'm a newbie, but all your help and e-mails have
    > been wonderful.
    >
    > I just ordered direct TV and Tivo to be installed in my new home next
    > month, and I was wondering what you all though of those two services,
    > and what to do to maximize their efficiency.
    >
    > Thanks for any help!

Tivo TV Audio