What is DRLC ?

Recently, I noticed on a 1980's vintage
SONY amplifier a "DRLC Power" swith, and
stereo speaker outlets labeled "DRLC Speakers"
and a "DRLC in" capability.
What is DRLC ?
1 answer Last reply
More about what drlc

    mathedman@hotmail.CUT.com (mathedman) wrote in news:415c16de.2409624
    @netnews.worldnet.att.net:

    > Recently, I noticed on a 1980's vintage
    > SONY amplifier a "DRLC Power" swith, and
    > stereo speaker outlets labeled "DRLC Speakers"
    > and a "DRLC in" capability.
    > What is DRLC ?

    It stands for Dual Room Link Control. Sony receivers had a feature that
    allowed you to feed sound into a second room, and usually allowed you to
    independently select a source for that room.

Sony Speakers Audio