Intel HD 4000 + radeon hd 6870

migit128

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
I have 3 monitors. I'd like the Intel graphics to drive two of them and the discrete card to drive the last one for gaming. I know the 6870 supports 3 monitors, but I'd like to offload some work to the Intel based card so my frame rate while gaming will go up (my card maxes out on memory usage and this would free up ~100mb).

I was originally able to install the intel drivers, but it couldnt find a display. I updated the motherboards BIOS thinking it would help, but it didn't. Now, when I try installing the intel drivers it says "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".

I've read other posts where people had 0 issues getting this setup to work, yet for me it hasn't worked on two motherboards of different brands so far. Is there something I'm missing here?

Current setup:
asus p8z77-v deluxe w/ latest bios
ivy bridge i7-3770k
radeon hd 6870
other stuff isnt important (i think..)

javier_machuk

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
there is an option in the BIOS to activate the IGP when a PCIe card is installed, you should turn that on, so the system can recognize the intel IGP. I can't remember exactly where the option was, but it isn't difficult to find.
Hope that helps

migit128

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009

I haven't had a chance to check on this yet, but will doing this use up any PCI express lanes?

migit128

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009

quoted from the original post:
"I know the 6870 supports 3 monitors, but I'd like to offload some work to the Intel based card so my frame rate while gaming will go up (my card maxes out on memory usage and this would free up ~100mb). "

Oh okay that makes a bit more sense yea then you could easily do that I would think. Doe your bios have graphic input priority? There is a video that kind of goes over what you are doing maybe this will be helpful to you. I'm not sure if your bios will allow you to do this but this should give you an idea of what you can do.

[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/N8nMShuSfgI?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]