PC purchased with Windows 8 os, but need XP

Hello,
I have a PC that was purchased with Windows 8 on it but need to have windows xp installed on it instead. Purchased with windows 8 as nobody sells computers anymore with windows xp. I know XP is out, but the software only runs on windows xp and can't run in windows 7 with xp mode. The software is an voiceprint communications software and can only be run on windows xp. Can anyone help to install xp instead of 8?
3 answers Last reply
More about purchased windows
  1. Format the drive (or buy a new one) and install from the XP disk (you have to own a copy to install).

Microsoft is going to support XP until 4/8/2014.
  2. Drivers will be your issue for XP install.
  3. Ksod said:
    Hello,
    I have a PC that was purchased with Windows 8 on it but need to have windows xp installed on it instead. Purchased with windows 8 as nobody sells computers anymore with windows xp. I know XP is out, but the software only runs on windows xp and can't run in windows 7 with xp mode. The software is an voiceprint communications software and can only be run on windows xp. Can anyone help to install xp instead of 8?

run window 8 , start the hyper-v and set up a xp virtual machine and run your software on that virtual machine.
    http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/install-windows-xp-in-windows-8-client-hyper-v/6732 might help
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 8 Windows XP