Sign in with
Your question

PC purchased with Windows 8 os, but need XP

Last response: in Windows 8
February 7, 2013 7:39:58 PM

Hello,
I have a PC that was purchased with Windows 8 on it but need to have windows xp installed on it instead. Purchased with windows 8 as nobody sells computers anymore with windows xp. I know XP is out, but the software only runs on windows xp and can't run in windows 7 with xp mode. The software is an voiceprint communications software and can only be run on windows xp. Can anyone help to install xp instead of 8?

More about : purchased windows

February 7, 2013 7:58:01 PM

Format the drive (or buy a new one) and install from the XP disk (you have to own a copy to install).

Microsoft is going to support XP until 4/8/2014.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
February 7, 2013 10:40:02 PM

Drivers will be your issue for XP install.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
February 8, 2013 5:15:08 PM

Ksod said:
Hello,
I have a PC that was purchased with Windows 8 on it but need to have windows xp installed on it instead. Purchased with windows 8 as nobody sells computers anymore with windows xp. I know XP is out, but the software only runs on windows xp and can't run in windows 7 with xp mode. The software is an voiceprint communications software and can only be run on windows xp. Can anyone help to install xp instead of 8?

run window 8 , start the hyper-v and set up a xp virtual machine and run your software on that virtual machine.
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/inst... might help
m
l
Related resources
!