Graphics Card Compatability

zodrhombus

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I'm searching for a new graphics card, but I don't know what cards are compatible with my PC. I have an HP a1640n that runs Windows XP Home Edition. Currently I still have the graphics card it came with when I bought it.

I hope to find a reasonably priced graphics card that will allow me to stay up-to-date with online games. Some have updated to the point where my graphics card isn't good enough anymore. I don't have a set price range as of yet. I'm just hoping someone will point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your help.

What kind of online games? Games like World of Warcraft? Here is a link to the computers specifications. Firstly I would say I would advise to move up to Windows 7. Windows XP 32 bit will be limited to 4 gigabytes of ram. And you will want more ram then the 2 gigabytes you already have. Next would be taking a look at your power supply and 300 watts should be sufficient for something like a 7770 or 650Ti if you choose to go that route however I would take caution with your power supply. Store bought computers computers come with poor quality power supply units and I would advise you change that out as well.

Also, there comes a point where I would say the more you put into your computer the better you are building your own or moving up to a more modern computer. Your computer is a bit dated.