Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card Compatability

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 19, 2013 6:48:48 PM

I'm searching for a new graphics card, but I don't know what cards are compatible with my PC. I have an HP a1640n that runs Windows XP Home Edition. Currently I still have the graphics card it came with when I bought it.

I hope to find a reasonably priced graphics card that will allow me to stay up-to-date with online games. Some have updated to the point where my graphics card isn't good enough anymore. I don't have a set price range as of yet. I'm just hoping someone will point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your help.
February 19, 2013 6:58:05 PM

evga GeForce GTX 660 superclocked or GTX 670 are pretty nice will run pretty much anything and they are pretty cheap
m
l
a c 133 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 7:14:14 PM

What kind of online games? Games like World of Warcraft? Here is a link to the computers specifications. Firstly I would say I would advise to move up to Windows 7. Windows XP 32 bit will be limited to 4 gigabytes of ram. And you will want more ram then the 2 gigabytes you already have. Next would be taking a look at your power supply and 300 watts should be sufficient for something like a 7770 or 650Ti if you choose to go that route however I would take caution with your power supply. Store bought computers computers come with poor quality power supply units and I would advise you change that out as well.

Also, there comes a point where I would say the more you put into your computer the better you are building your own or moving up to a more modern computer. Your computer is a bit dated.
m
l
!