Digital input

G

I have a SPDIF on board sound card that came with my Soyo Dragon Ultra. I also have a DVD player (not a DVD-Rom) I want to record some sound clips, maybe some video and sound clips, to my computer. Obviously the MB doesn't have a Dolby Digital Decoder so I cant record simply by hooking an optical wire to the card.

What cards (possibly software)are out there that would be good for what I am trying to do.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i think if you post this in the "Video Editing" section they could tell you...i guess you need a Capture Card..to capture video from your DVD player...something from Pinnacle..they make excellent Hardware for that type of stuff..

Once you go AMD, You never go back!

G

Well, I am more like trying to get the sound clips from my DVD player more that anything, but if there is a thing that can take both S-Video AND Optical inputs, that would be good too.

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Most DVDs also have 2.1 surround playback. If you send the signal from your DVD player into the digial inputs, you should be able to record it using the PCM sound codex installed on any wave recorder. Also most DVD players have the ablity to decode the signal to 2.1 in case the DVD does not have that channel, to change the setting on yor DVD, go to the settings tab, followed by the audio tab, then select digital output>PCM, instead of DTS or Dolby Digital. This should solve your problem.

If it works for you then don't fix it.