Sign in with
Your question

Which is better?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 19, 2013 7:24:35 PM

Which would you pick and why?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11196-09-40G-HD7950-Va...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-7950-Radeon-Graphics-C...

The Gigabyte is £8 cheaper but that doesn't matter i just want to know which one is has better cooling and any other differences, im thinking the vapor x is better but not 100% sure.

More about : question

a c 134 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 7:29:21 PM

I would say you are right with the Vapor-X. The cooling solution is stronger as it uses both heatpipes, and a vapor chamber along with the heatsink that sits on the GPU. Also you get a slightly higher boost state then you do with the gigabyte. In other words a slight edge in the factory overclock.
February 19, 2013 7:32:47 PM

bigshootr8 said:
I would say you are right with the Vapor-X. The cooling solution is stronger as it uses both heatpipes, and a vapor chamber along with the heatsink that sits on the GPU. Also you get a slightly higher boost state then you do with the gigabyte. In other words a slight edge in the factory overclock.

How high do you think i could overclock this this gpu?

Using this case if that makes alot of difference

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003OESTP2/ref=ox_sc...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 7:39:21 PM

Well I would say that it truly depends on the silicon lottery. And by that I mean that chips have different thermal thresholds that you can put them through. And it depends if you get a chip that can be overclocked a little or overclocked not as much. However that being said 7950's have been regarded as very strong overclocking chips and I would half expect you to get a pretty nice overclock given the premium cards you are looking at versus the stock cards.
February 19, 2013 7:45:12 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Well I would say that it truly depends on the silicon lottery. And by that I mean that chips have different thermal thresholds that you can put them through. And it depends if you get a chip that can be overclocked a little or overclocked not as much. However that being said 7950's have been regarded as very strong overclocking chips and I would half expect you to get a pretty nice overclock given the premium cards you are looking at versus the stock cards.

Could you just give me a number i dont care if its not bang on, i just want to know what would a reasonable overclock be for this card, 1100? 1150? 9000?
February 19, 2013 8:06:16 PM

I have the Gigabyte 7950 3gb Windforce and I'm loving it so far. I had overheating problems with my other GPUs in the past but the Gigabyte hasn't gotten above 50c in pretty demanding stress test. I've played around with OCing a little in benchmarking and got up to 1150mhz stable at 50c with a 15-20% fps increase. I have read people getting 1200-1250mhz stable but as was said before it's luck of the draw
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 8:30:52 PM

Correct. But still 15-20% is still pretty respectable.
!