Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • HDMI
  • 3D
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 19, 2013 7:25:27 PM

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible, to connect a console and get the 3d on games.
I know that the vendor says that on the 2420t model the 3d through hdmi is not available so I am thinking if it is achieved with a hdmi to dvi-d cable.
Hoping for it

More about : question benq xl2420t

a b U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 8:02:18 PM

I have the same monitor and I contacted customer service about how to use the 3d feature and they told me I needed a nvidia PC graphics card with 3d capability. I have a Radeon 7850 so I haven't been able to use the 3d feature but it's still a great monitor for gaming.
a c 217 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 8:07:13 PM

In order for the HDMI port to support 3D, it has to be designed for HD3D. Not many monitors do both 3D Vision and HD3D. The Acer I have in my sig and the ASUS VG278H does. Also, that monitor you have does not have a built in emitter and glasses, so you have to purchase the 3D Vision kit separately, which means there is no emitter for HD3D either.
Related resources
February 19, 2013 8:26:14 PM

Right so you need in fact a screen with built in emitter so that the 3D content can be reproduced. Well it makes sense since the 3D vision kit can only work on pc, because drivers are installed. So the way to go for console/blu ray support is xl2420tx i guess. Well I can live with that, since I have a tv for the console 3d thing, though it would be nice to have on that monitor.
Anyway, not a dealbreaker for me!
a c 217 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 9:37:17 PM

patso said:
Right so you need in fact a screen with built in emitter so that the 3D content can be reproduced. Well it makes sense since the 3D vision kit can only work on pc, because drivers are installed. So the way to go for console/blu ray support is xl2420tx i guess. Well I can live with that, since I have a tv for the console 3d thing, though it would be nice to have on that monitor.
Anyway, not a dealbreaker for me!

Just because it has a built in emitter does not make it automatically support HD3D either. Some 3D monitors only support 3D through DVI-D and 3D Vision, and others only support it through Displayport and HDMI with HD3D. Some support both. You need to see what they have to offer on a case by case comparison.
!