Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What FPS are you getting in Crysis 3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 19, 2013 7:56:22 PM

I played Crysis 3 multiplayer Beta for the few weeks it was open with my Power Color 7870LE and was averaging around 50fps on high settings. I just upgraded to a Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3gb and even in campaign I'm getting around 25-30fps on same settings. I was just curious to see what everyone else thought about the game and if anyone found a good performance/quality middle ground yet?

More about : fps crysis

February 19, 2013 11:28:45 PM

I agree completely, the graphics are amazing. After messing around with the setting I ended up getting about 40fps in campaign. On the same settings in multiplayer I get about 90fps average so that's good news. If you turn the filtering down from MSAA to SMAA2 you can get a huge increase in FPS and it looks really good still.
m
0
l
February 21, 2013 6:44:08 AM

sorry if this is off topic, how do you show fps?
m
0
l
Related resources
February 21, 2013 8:19:22 AM

I got about 40-50 fps in the beta but with the added stress of A.I. processing on my poor old Phenom, I forsee some abysmal frames regardless of image quality.
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 3:47:35 AM

timil said:
I got about 40-50 fps in the beta but with the added stress of A.I. processing on my poor old Phenom, I forsee some abysmal frames regardless of image quality.


Yes i have Phenom 960T (stock speed) 660ti and 8gb ram.. and my game is running really bad around 45 fps average and it lags so much.. high or low, 1920x1080 or 1280x270 its same fps lol.. maybe 2-4 fps difference!
So i monitored the GPU and CPU usage and found out that my CPU is getting stressed alot up to 95% on all cores... and thats why i think the game lags..
GPU usage is jumping from 30 to 80% like crazy.. Maybe its just bad coded and/or bad port .. So maybe we get some patch or better drivers. If not i guess im gonna have to upgrade :) 
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 3:56:16 AM

I have a 6990 and am using high settings no AA, and i get 50-110fps. Only get some random stuttering during big fights but i still have 50 fps? dunno why
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 4:01:20 AM

juni3789 said:
I have a 6990 and am using high settings no AA, and i get 50-110fps. Only get some random stuttering during big fights but i still have 50 fps? dunno why


Maybe try check the CPU usage while it lags.. and see how it goes
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 4:11:19 AM

How do i do that? framerate limiter?
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 4:30:49 AM

ifeelnice said:
Yes i have Phenom 960T (stock speed) 660ti and 8gb ram.. and my game is running really bad around 45 fps average and it lags so much.. high or low, 1920x1080 or 1280x270 its same fps lol.. maybe 2-4 fps difference!
So i monitored the GPU and CPU usage and found out that my CPU is getting stressed alot up to 95% on all cores... and thats why i think the game lags..
GPU usage is jumping from 30 to 80% like crazy.. Maybe its just bad coded and/or bad port .. So maybe we get some patch or better drivers. If not i guess im gonna have to upgrade :) 

try turning off vsync. helped me get 15fps more :) 
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 6:05:23 AM

Sorry, it's just asked few rows before.

How to show FPS on Crysis 3?
m
0
l
February 23, 2013 10:23:05 AM

Download FRAPS
m
0
l
February 24, 2013 3:13:51 AM

hello,i just bought the game and i am really getting bad fps..
my gpu is mid range(palit gtx 650ti) but still it ran beta on almost very high settings,1080p,smaa med with 28-45 fps which is fine for me..but nw i am getting 18-25 on almost very high(shader and shadows med)...i knw i dont have much of a setup but still help me out here...
thnx
i've got-
core i5 2500k
8gb ddr3 transcend axe ram
palit gtx 650ti
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 24, 2013 4:16:26 AM

ameya595 said:
hello,i just bought the game and i am really getting bad fps..
my gpu is mid range(palit gtx 650ti) but still it ran beta on almost very high settings,1080p,smaa med with 28-45 fps which is fine for me..but nw i am getting 18-25 on almost very high(shader and shadows med)...i knw i dont have much of a setup but still help me out here...
thnx
i've got-
core i5 2500k
8gb ddr3 transcend axe ram
palit gtx 650ti

its normal for your setup. the guys over at guru3d also got about 20fps on very high settings at 1080p and 27 fps on high settings at 1080p. so your frame rate is normal. play on medium settings or drop the resolution to 1600*900 to improve performance
m
0
l
February 25, 2013 1:06:58 AM

hok said:
sorry if this is off topic, how do you show fps?


Download FRAPS. It's a free trial progam that will have an FPS counter in the top corner of your screen. You can keep it free and just use for FPS or buy it and record gameplay with it
m
0
l
February 25, 2013 1:09:31 AM

martinrox1568 said:
try turning off vsync. helped me get 15fps more :) 

Vsync just limits your FPS to your monitors refresh rate. Such as a 60mhz monitor would play at 60fps. If you go above the refresh rate it can cause screen tearing (just lines on the screen)
m
0
l
February 25, 2013 1:13:32 AM

I have been messing around with the settings for about a week now and am getting stable 60fps in campaign and multiplayer. Campaign is much more demanding so you need to turn settings down one notch from your multiplayer settings. For me I set the system on high (turns all settings to high) and go with 4xsmaa. If I go into the MSAA at all I see a 10-15fps drop and the graphics look better in my opinion on 4xSMAA anyway so no loss
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2013 1:19:16 AM

Just got the game yesterday.

Playing at 1680 X 1050 with two GTX 560's (Non-Ti) in SLI, overclocked to 900 Mhz.

Maxed out everything is a slide show when AA is maxed out too.

Low MSAA1 and maxed out everything is ~30fps until you get into a big fire fight. Then it drops into the teens and becomes unplayable.

One notch down from maxed on both "texture" and "system spec" pegs my 60FPS vsync most of the time. The lowest I saw was 47FPS in a real heavy fire fight. (Still with AA just two steps above "disabled")

The game looks awesome even when not completely maxed out.

*edit* forgot to mention that motion blur is on medium. I just read that disabling it improves game play. I will give that a try tomorrow.



m
0
l
February 25, 2013 1:36:48 AM

I tried as hard as possible to look for a solution myself but wasn't able to.
m
0
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
February 25, 2013 4:18:43 AM

capping the game at 30 fps for smoother gameplay. i can tolerate frame rates jumping from 20-30 but not 20-50. medium setting, high texture, fxaa, v-sync on @1600x900. normally i just leave my gpu at factory setting but for this game i did oc my gpu to 900mhz just to be sure i can get 30fps at all times (if possible)
m
0
l
February 25, 2013 5:08:33 AM

I have a 1100t and a 6950 2gb I play at 1360x768 I have vsync so I hit lows of 30fps and hit 60 alot. its playable btw I play on High, motion blur medium, lens flare, small low x1 texture resolution very high.
m
0
l
April 13, 2013 6:50:49 PM

I have an i3-3220 3.1Ghz , 8GB of RAM but limited to 3.5 cuz of OS limitations , GTX 650 Ti , experiencing a bad & constant 15 FPS at 1280x720 with everything maxed out.... even the antialiasing upto 8x MSAA(maximum setting) i think... THIS IS TERRIBLE!!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2013 7:27:01 AM

Manikandan Pradeep said:
I have an i3-3220 3.1Ghz , 8GB of RAM but limited to 3.5 cuz of OS limitations , GTX 650 Ti , experiencing a bad & constant 15 FPS at 1280x720 with everything maxed out.... even the antialiasing upto 8x MSAA(maximum setting) i think... THIS IS TERRIBLE!!



You are trying to play Crysis 3 maxed out with a single 650 Ti?

That's insane.

I'm running an i7, 32g of RAM and two 560's in SLI. I couldn't run maxed-out at 1680x1050.


m
0
l
April 18, 2013 6:45:20 PM

I get average of 58 fps at all setting on ultra (maxed out) but I am playing in nvidia 3D on a asus 144Mhz monitor and everything is under 60 degrees C.

Core I7 3770k @ 4.81Ghz
Corsair h100i liquid cooler
32GB corsair dominator platinum @ 2900 MHz
2X corsair force GT ssd drives in raid0
Evga gtx 580 SC with arctic accellero hybrid liquid cooler and over clocked 15% beyond factory.
Coolermaster HAF XB case with CPU radiator on the front and GPU radiator on the rear.
Nvidia 3D vision 2 kit
Ambient room temp 67 F
m
0
l
April 18, 2013 6:49:06 PM

Oh ya. I'm also running the new msi z77a-gd65 gaming main board.
m
0
l
May 29, 2013 6:04:37 AM

I am running 650ti boost in SLI with an FX 8350 and 8 gb of 1600mhz ram on a Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0.
My average fps is 35-50 with everything on very high and 16xmsaa or whatever it is called.
This game is stunning, hard to imagine anything getting much better. Except for maybe how the characters interact with object, hands going half way through the door before it opens etc.
m
0
l
July 26, 2013 9:21:27 AM

i was played crysis 3 on my laptop intel i5 3230m 3.2 ghz 6gb ram 1tb 5400 hdd geforce gt650m 2gb ddr3 optimus (samsung np550p5c-s06in) and all setting are very high 4x msaa AA 4x ....... I GET Between 30-50 fps 45 avg... i really shocked ...but that's nice
m
0
l
July 26, 2013 10:06:27 AM

Running on max settings, 1080p, max AA, at ~60Fps. I do get occasional drops to the mid fifties, but other than that :D 

3970x (i7), dual titans, and 32GB 2800mhz ram.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2013 6:57:48 PM

*update*

I upgraded my monitor and had to subsequently downgrade my settings. Going from 1680 X 1050 to 1920 X1080 I had to go down one notch on the graphics to achieve the same FPS as before.

However after installing the most recent drivers, I'm once again able to play @ >30FPS with maxed graphics and FXAA. Msaa X1 is about the same.

The GPU X2 AA is playable but heavy action drops it below 30FPS. (and makes it unplayable (maxed out) when you need "smooth" the most)

I have not loaded drivers for a while so the Crysis 3 improvements may have happened a couple versions ago.

Either way, it's a welcome improvement.
m
0
l
!