GTX 470 Drivers Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

feebeeteemoff

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hey community,
Well last night i tried updating to latest 314.07 Drivers and it failed, thought nothing of it turned off my pc went to bed, next morning i turn on and Computer wont pick up the GPU, but it still shows display but at low resolution.
Things iv tried:
Uninstall / Reinstall / restarting
Driver Sweeper on nvidia drivers, restarted in safemode ran sweep again,turned off kaspersky ,reinstalled same error.(also did this trying to install the drivers i had previously,but same error)
Reset mobo settings.

strange now that i run CPU-Z it reads my GPU.
Maybe putting it in a different pcie spot?
BTW, fans on it spin

Computer Specs
http://valid.canardpc.com/2700498

Solution
I'm having the same issues with windows 8 and my 2x 470gtx cards.... I've swapped them out put one in at a time... still windows doesn't recognize them....

The other day I found a post on Microsoft community.... to try to run the driver in compatibility mode.... which seemed to work for this person 460.... however I tried the same thing with now luck.... thoughts?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/windows-8-video-hardware-error/a4c729ee-efd7-42a2-a088-97fccfc171e6

Its a win8 issue I just grabbed a new mobo and these worked fine with win7 with no issues and they work fine in my older comp....

feebeeteemoff

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Not that i know of, heres a screen of my processes. I will try a different slot but untill then im taking and trying all recommendations, thank you all!

Untitled-3-8_zps22b522bf.jpg

feebeeteemoff

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

yeah its running windows 8, but thats the thing i had the previous drivers installed working perfectly, and new drivers fail to install and all the problems begun. Maybe its the new drivers messed up something with windows 8? If this were the case i would expect the same issue with tons of more people

feebeeteemoff

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Also, is it possible my GPU is just dying? Im still using my computer with the 470 attatched and have video coming out from it, its just like it doesnt get picked up by anything on my computer.

feebeeteemoff

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

ive tried with several drivers, including the newest and last one known to work with my GPU

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
not to kill your hope or anything but nvidia does kill videocards through driver updates. a lot of old 8800s got driver-murdered when the 200s came about, i remember a barrage of threads reporting broken cards after a driver update.

let's just hope it's a windows 8 issue and you get a fix quite soon.

feebeeteemoff

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

aww, wow thats terrible ..oh well..i guess it was time for an upgrade anyway

dammer3

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
I'm having the same issues with windows 8 and my 2x 470gtx cards.... I've swapped them out put one in at a time... still windows doesn't recognize them....

The other day I found a post on Microsoft community.... to try to run the driver in compatibility mode.... which seemed to work for this person 460.... however I tried the same thing with now luck.... thoughts?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/windows-8-video-hardware-error/a4c729ee-efd7-42a2-a088-97fccfc171e6

Its a win8 issue I just grabbed a new mobo and these worked fine with win7 with no issues and they work fine in my older comp....

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.