Monitor and Video Card Problem

Carman1122

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hey all this is my first post so please dont be critical lol.
I Have recently aquired an ASUS RADEON 7770 HD 2GB card. I have an Old ViewSonic VA1912wb monitor.
I have installed the video card but upon start up I get some wierd fuzziness on the screen and the monitor shuts down to standby and displays the error message "Out of Range".
So I am figuring that the Hertz are not compatible. I Have connected ( Via DVI ) to the onboard video and installed all drivers for the new card, but with errors. I am now going to try to connect to my Vizio Tv via hdmi and hopefully be able to display and try and figure out if I can reduce the hertz of the card. Is this a good plan? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carman1122

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013

I have a 650w Power supply, I Have 8 gigs of Crucial Ballistic Ram DDR3 1600, The card is a ASUS Radeon 7770 2gb HD card, My board is a Biostar A880GZ. I have just tried to connect to my Vizio TV via HDMI, and there was not output, So I tried to connect it via Dvi with an RGB adapter and it gave no signal then. So it hasnt displayed at all on a TV or monitor. Also I have deleted all drivers from the previous card and that had no affect, from what I can tell everything is compatible. Im starting to think the card was DOA. Any suggestions? Troubleshooting?

Thanks for all your help.