clustering

Does anyone know how to set up a network-load-balancing cluster between two computers running windows 2000 advanced server. More specifically, say you're running it on a site that has a constantly updating database. Can you somehow mirror the two hard drives (that are in two difference computers). Any one get me?

Basically:
How to get a constantly updating database running in a cluster between two computers without having a central hard drive(s)?

Thx in advance!
3 answers Last reply
More about clustering
  1. (smartass)
    And while you guys are at it, could someone give me a quick rundown on the progress made towards the unified theory. My quantum theory is good but my general relitivity is a tad rusty.
    (/smartass)

You're not getting a lot of responses because this question is a bit outside the scope of what can be covered by typing posts back and forth. You have quite a bit of reading to do. I would recommend starting with the following microsoft knowledge base article:

Q259267

Good Luck!
  2. Its called a FC-AL array.....thats the easy way but thats not what your looking for is it?

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!
  3. Thx... i'm hoping to learn how to. I wanna set up a cheap cluster in my house, but don't want to buy a huge data array.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Computers Windows