Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I need a diagram to hook up an EQ

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 11:39:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

I can't find my owner's manual for my EQ (older TEAC model). I moved
all my stero equipment to a renovated room in my house, and in the
rush didn't note my eq / cassette / tuner connections. I'm assuming
this should be routine regardless of make, but that could be a bad
assumption. Also, even though I don't use the cassette much, I may as
well connect it. Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm looking
for something like this:



Tuner TAPE IN---------------EQ TAPE OUT
Tuner TAPE OUT------- EQ TAPE IN--
| |
CASSETTE TAPE IN----| |
CASSETTE TAPE OUT-----------------------

More about : diagram hook

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 3:33:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

"Hary Cody" <shotgunmess@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:43223dd5.0410040639.2d0d7356@posting.google.com...
>I can't find my owner's manual for my EQ (older TEAC model). I moved
> all my stero equipment to a renovated room in my house, and in the
> rush didn't note my eq / cassette / tuner connections. I'm assuming
> this should be routine regardless of make, but that could be a bad
> assumption. Also, even though I don't use the cassette much, I may as
> well connect it. Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm looking
> for something like this:
>
>
>
> Tuner TAPE IN---------------EQ TAPE OUT
> Tuner TAPE OUT------- EQ TAPE IN--
> | |
> CASSETTE TAPE IN----| |
> CASSETTE TAPE OUT-----------------------

If you can't hook it up, then you probably can't use it without totally
screweing your music.

Apart from that, graphic eqs riutinely screw up more than they fix.


geoff
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 10:06:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

I just played around and hooked it up. I guess mostly I was leary to
get started, but it wasn't bad. I disagree on the music thing, I
think an EQ gives you much more control of your tone. Anyhow, I'm
enjoying it again.

"Geoff Wood" <geoff@paf.co.nz-nospam> wrote in message news:<yMu8d.6621$mZ2.590479@news02.tsnz.net>...
> "Hary Cody" <shotgunmess@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:43223dd5.0410040639.2d0d7356@posting.google.com...
> >I can't find my owner's manual for my EQ (older TEAC model). I moved
> > all my stero equipment to a renovated room in my house, and in the
> > rush didn't note my eq / cassette / tuner connections. I'm assuming
> > this should be routine regardless of make, but that could be a bad
> > assumption. Also, even though I don't use the cassette much, I may as
> > well connect it. Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm looking
> > for something like this:
> >
> >
> >
> > Tuner TAPE IN---------------EQ TAPE OUT
> > Tuner TAPE OUT------- EQ TAPE IN--
> > | |
> > CASSETTE TAPE IN----| |
> > CASSETTE TAPE OUT-----------------------
>
> If you can't hook it up, then you probably can't use it without totally
> screweing your music.
>
> Apart from that, graphic eqs riutinely screw up more than they fix.
>
>
> geoff
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 12:22:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

"Hary Cody" <shotgunmess@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyhow, I'm enjoying it again.

Well I guess that is the main thing...

I'd get more satisfaction by tuning my system to the point that it didn't
need band-aid kludges that introduce sonic additional degradations, but
that's just me.

geoff
!